Snouts still in the trough

asperity

This is all getting very interesting. Calls for the leader of the house to resign and then an annoncement by Esther Rantzen to make a stand as an independent MP in response to the MP's scandal. The same Esther Rantzen that fronted a series of advertisements for an ambulance chasing claims company.

To quote Littlejohn........"you couldn't make this up".

At the same time the two main party leaders decide not to say yes or no on the issue of wether or not he (Mr Martin) should go.

Interesting times.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder just how much the well founded public scorn, will show itself in tactical voting from now on, and whether this National moral trauma will translate into the required root and branch constitutional reforms required of a modern democracy? :? Not if the politicians have anything to do with it. :roll::cry:

Had to pay my corporation tax today and wasn?t sure who to make it out to? Should it be the Inland Revenue or should I save time and just make it out to the two Helens? :lol:

Bill :)

Bill,

you need a better accountant if you are making profit enough to pay corporation tax!! :lol::lol:

This is all getting very interesting. Calls for the leader of the house to resign and then an annoncement by Esther Rantzen to make a stand as an independent MP in response to the MP's scandal. The same Esther Rantzen that fronted a series of advertisements for an ambulance chasing claims company.

To quote Littlejohn........"you couldn't make this up".

At the same time the two main party leaders decide not to say yes or no on the issue of wether or not he (Mr Martin) should go.

Interesting times.

Esther Ranzen is no Martin Bell....mind you that being said I wasn't that impressed with him either. :wink:

this abuse of priviledge is going to run an run.

Next are the people who are on the boards of more than one company just like united utilities chairman and lloyds bank

then we have all the quangos and NHS trust jobs for the boys that need looking at for example Cheshire police authority has many people who have more than 3 "jobs"

Howe do they do a "fair days work"?

where is it going to end?

I used to work for a company which had John Maples (Conservative) on the board of Directors (This was over 12 years ago) and from what I recall he was paid around ?50,000 then!

The Telegraph should start digging into how much the MPs get from 2nd incomes because I think it will really upset the public; especially when they earn all of this extra money and were still claiming money to pay for second homes

Looking at a Council By-Election result from yesterday, it seems voters are turned off the main parties preferring to vote for smaller parties such as BNP, UKIP & Greens...maybe a sign of things to come on 4th June....along with a low turnout, it was 42% in Warrington in 2004 with an all postal vote...I would be surprised if it reaches that level this time.