Snouts still in the trough

asperity

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norman Bates?! :? Wouldn't have that Liberal shower in my Motel! :wink: Tebbit is anti-EU, like the majority of Brits; and has had the good sense to advise folk to vote for Parties, other than the shower in Westminister, IE: UKIP or BNP. :shock: The UKIP guy your refering to, was kicked out of their Party, and Nigel Farage appears to be one of the few politicians with any integrity nowadays. :roll: However, whether or not UKIP or the BNP get a taste for the trough isn't the point: this is a one time opportunity to shake the current political elite to their core, and shock them into abandoning their ivory tower policies and start to respond to the demands of ordinary people, rather than spending their time trying to fiddle our money out of the system. :shock: Simply "not voting" won't do it; you have to vote these pigs out of the trough, until they realise what their job supposed to be about. :twisted:

Alas it seems that anybody who has access to the public purse is not beyond trying to pillage it, the following reported in the Daily Mail:

"Three police officers were arrested yesterday for allegedly making ?inflated? expenses claims while investigating the July 7 bombings.

The Metropolitan Police officers are alleged to have misused corporate credit cards while they were based in Leeds examining the background of the suicide bombers.

Three relatives of the officers ? a detective sergeant and two constables ? were also detained by anti-corruption officers, who have scrutinised tens of thousands of pounds of expenses claimed by the trio".

No fence involved Eag: both UKIP and the BNP are anti-EU; both wish to freeze immigration into the UK, thus ticking the boxes - however, one could prove the bigger shock to the current political complacency, thus forcing radical policy changes on the main Parties - which is the main objective of a protest vote. :wink:

I was talking about this with a friend the other day. I think he summed it up.

He said it's like tapeworms. They're a parasite that hang around in your gut and take your nutrition so you starve while they grow fat.

But thinking about it, tapeworms have to do that because they have no choice about what they are. These politicians have chosen to become parasites.

My contempt for politicians should be no surprise. I made no secret about it last time we had an election. Maybe now's a good time for someone decent to stand for election? Before, they would have been kept out by the parasites protecting their own interests.

What annoys me about all this is that my financial dealings get put under a bloody microscope while by all accounts the politician?s claims get a cursory glance.

My last VAT inspection took two days and turned up only two irregularities. One a error where a slightly different Vat rate should have been and the other believe or not was a query as to why during one month we?d bought three 400 jars of Nescafe rather than the normal two! :shock:

Am I angry with all this? Bet your life I am. :evil:

Bill :)

Let's be realistic folks, this malaise runs throughout our society, let's not forget the recent antics of city bankers etc. :? So we send "someone decent" down to the halls of power: they are entering a "club" enviroment, where practises have evolved and been established, and despite the shock and disgust that the new boy/girl feels; they have a choice - either they run with it and fit in, in the interests of their career OR they wear a hair shirt and become marginalised or even ostracised. :shock: We have an anacronistic political system, with archaic work practises; which require root and branch change imposed by an external "independent" body that relates to the common sense and common decency of the mass of the population. :roll: It also requires that such a "modernisation" process includes new constitutional arrangements, and where possible a complete "changing of the guard" in terms of current membership. :shock: This sickness isn't confined to the UK however; the EU Parliament has recently voted to keep secret information in respect of Member's allowances and expenses; the abuse of which could make Westminister appear rather saintly - which is perhaps another reason to extricate ourselves from it. :twisted:

What annoys me about all this is that my financial dealings get put under a bloody microscope while by all accounts the politician?s claims get a cursory glance.

My last VAT inspection took two days and turned up only two irregularities. One a error where a slightly different Vat rate should have been and the other believe or not was a query as to why during one month we?d bought three 400 jars of Nescafe rather than the normal two! :shock:

Am I angry with all this? Bet your life I am. :evil:

Bill :)

Think you will find Bill, that many MPs will now be having their tax returns carefully scrutinised by HMRC. :wink:

Perhaps our "local" Press will start to publish the accounts of both MPs and local Councillors?! :?:wink:

I have the itemized figures for the MP's, housing allowance, staffing etc etc. :wink:

Maybe you would like to publish them on this Forum. :wink:

I could publish every MP's claims but I'm not going to :wink::wink:

Perhaps our "local" Press will start to publish the accounts of both MPs and local Councillors?! :?:wink:

I have the itemized figures for the MP's, housing allowance, staffing etc etc. :wink:

Maybe you would like to publish them on this Forum. :wink:

I could publish every MP's claims but I'm not going to :wink::wink:

Just the 2 Warrington MPs will be quite sufficient. :wink: