B&Q's kitchen sale start xmas eve - EH ?

Dizzy

Maybe they weren't too bad 9 years ago, but over the past year or so I've found them to be by far the worst of the big DIY chains. Their design service has also left something to be desired as well, I had one of their "designers" measure up and specify a kitchen for a customer before the room had been plasterboarded and skimmed. Surprise, surprise, when it was delivered (late) it was too wide for the room and I had to spend a couple of days altering the carcasses and doors to get it in.

I'd say that the Homebase ones I've done have been the best, and the Wickes ones aren't bad.

The best ones of all that I've done have come from Howdens - who only really supply to trade.

I bought several units and doors from B&Q in September when they had a sale with 40% off. They were good quality and a good price. However, I cannot say that B&Q's ethics are of the same quality, for the following reason. To give an example, I bought a wall cabinet which was ?41.00 retail and only ?25.60 with the 40% off. Early December, I decided to get 2 more of the same cabinets and was fully prepared to pay the full retail price of ?41.00, as the sale had finished. This cabinet was now priced at ?82.00, double the price which it was in September. This applied to all the units. I suspected what they were doing and I was right! They now have a HALF PRICE sale on all cabinets and they are now down to their original retail price. WHAT A CON !!!

I would not have expected this from such a large retailer as B&Q

I bought several units and doors from B&Q in September when they had a sale with 40% off. They were good quality and a good price. However, I cannot say that B&Q's ethics are of the same quality, for the following reason. To give an example, I bought a wall cabinet which was ?41.00 retail and only ?25.60 with the 40% off. Early December, I decided to get 2 more of the same cabinets and was fully prepared to pay the full retail price of ?41.00, as the sale had finished. This cabinet was now priced at ?82.00, double the price which it was in September. This applied to all the units. I suspected what they were doing and I was right! They now have a HALF PRICE sale on all cabinets and they are now down to their original retail price. WHAT A CON !!!

I would not have expected this from such a large retailer as B&Q

Send them a letter and get it on Watchdog. I agree that is disgraceful