Further to bus lane outside Tesco,Winwick Rd....

Davy51

I own a few classic cars; mainly because it brings pleasure to people when I show them.

I hope you dont class that Granny in your pic as an old classic...old banger more like! :P:lol:

Ha Ha.... the ramblings of the un-learned!!

It is not a Granny... it is a Scorpio... a 24 valve Cosworth engined Scorpio! A show winner many times and a true modern classic... (mine is now deceased however but still at home!)

No RTG, my classics are 1967 Corsairs (as one member of the Mark 1 Cortina named them; the ginger haired step brother of the Cortina!) and quite rare these days.

I suppose that is one profession that will be sure of customers no matter what ... although not willing ones :cry::shock:

Joking aside people on bikes (particularly kids) vs roads and cars = definately not a good idea !

I'd rather take my chance with polution thanks Cleopatra :shock:

Cleopatra.... Children should NOT ride their bikes on the roads as it's just not safe these days :shock:
Got to agree with that, my son often bikes to school, can;t say I'm overly keen on it, but it's hard to discourage genuine excersice taking as well.

Cleo, yes the law says that you shouldn't bike on pavements, but are you seriously suggesting that the law is relevant today? Surely not?

When that law was made, traffic was nothing like today, plus I would hazard a guess that back then most people obeyed the laws of the roads, whereas now cyclists have appaling road sense and a terrible lack of adherence to the law.

It is a safety positive move to put cyclists on pavements, which is why the likes of Cromwell avenue now have dual use pavements that double largely as cycle lanes too.

It is a safety positive move to put cyclists on pavements, which is why the likes of Cromwell avenue now have dual use pavements that double largely as cycle lanes too.

Unfortunately the lycra clads just stick to the roads instead of using the lanes which have been specially built for them. Sure they would moan if I drove on the bike lanes!!