No Congestion Charge for Manchester....

Bazj

I am begining to wonder Peter!

Thanks for the advice though Geoff but I have already done the expansion thing and all it did was pile on the stress and pile on the amount of tax we had to pay so the Gordon Brown could waste it on our behalf!!

I think we will stick to what we are good at!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Friends of the Earth's Tony Bosworth said: "Charging companies for parking places will encourage them to help give employees more travel choices through car-sharing schemes, public transport-use and working from home - cutting both emissions and fuel bills'.

Nope, it's just another stealth tax, and the likes of Mr Bosworth insults people's intelligence when he patronisingly says "help gives employees more travel choices". If they wanted to really "encourage" employees to find other ways into work, they would dig up all of their car parks and turn them in to green spaces. No car parks = No cars.................. = No revenue. :wink::)

Turn them all into allotments.... that would keep PJ happy!!

On another note about parking; as I have said here many times, my mum still lives in Bewsey and opposite her are about 12 flats (which were originally 3 bedroom semis which were turned into 2 flats about 20 years ago) anyway, when the flts were originally done, they were meant to house older folk on the ground floor and younger folk on the upper floors. Now, however, they all seem to be occupied with younger folk including couples and they all seem to have at least a car each which makes the avenue a nightmare to park in and heaven help them if they ever need to get a fire engine down there!

Why do GGH insist on putting people with so many cars in flats without parking spaces? Why not make the front gardens into a car park for them so it could free up the street again?

Beats me!

Paul in the case of Liverpool Uni I be live that the money is going straight back into the University coffers - its is an initiative as I have described above by the Educational establishment and has changed some attitudes to travel.

The example described by Bazj is a pain not only for those residents but also elsewhere in Warrington at all times of the day and night. There are simply too many cars on the road and I be live have become an accessory rather than a necessity.

I drive a mini bus once a week for a local charity ferrying people into Town so that they can enjoy company. However trying to manoeuvre the bus around the streets of Warrington can be a pain in the backside as drivers just park anywhere without any thought for ambulance or fire engine access. How the services cope I just don't know. And drivers are sometimes so indignant.

I just hope that they appreciate the problems that they are causing before they get a disability and require a lift! :twisted:

Turn them all into allotments.... that would keep PJ happy!!

Why do GGH insist on putting people with so many cars in flats without parking spaces? Why not make the front gardens into a car park for them so it could free up the street again?

Beats me!

You can't do that, it requires applying common sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

I agree with the gist of your comment Bazj but I don't like the metaphor of using the Guide Dog! - The traffic issues have always been difficult ones to resolve at Westbrook made worse by the dithering and change of emphasis by the LIB/DEM councillors.

As for Pete T he is just illustrating what an informed person he is basing comments on little of no information - but then he does have an excuse and I'll leave it at that - don't need to be sidetracked and goaded by him down or his LIB/Dem heavyweight friends, very heavy in weight not in practical solutions as Bazj states above. :lol:

The issue here is Congestion and all we have seen from them is that they are trying to extend it via the M602/M62 upto and including Gemeni :twisted:

Geoff, I see you have suddenly remembered the topic.

Please don't make assumptions about "my friends". You will ALWAYS be wrong.

I have acquaintencies in ALL parties, plus I don't know any heavyweight politicians unless Helen S is what YOU would call heavyweight. I must mention that little gem to her next time we speak. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Your obsession is causing concern.

Now then children, stop arguing. :lol:

Anyway, if the congestion charge had been approved, how long would it take before Warrington adopted a similar thing?

And if they did, where would the congestion limits be given we have no nice ring roads in our town?

Bill :)