Transfer from Borough to Parish?

Geoffrey Settle

Ann Raymond, lives over the Chester Road side

And some Councillor from Appleton represents Stretton I believe :D

Though from what I hear he does quite a good job.

If the Lib Dems have a prospective Councillor in Bewsey going spare its no surprise,they did after all parachute in their "golden girl" from the Midlands. :wink:

Pity it isn't any of the Lib/Dems who live near me.

From a conversation I had with one Lib/Dem Parish Councillor Parachutees they do tell interesting tales about their colleagues who are now Lib/Dem Borough Councillors.

I wonder if there will be any Lib/Dem revelations emerging from the forthcoming elections by the parachutees? :wink:

Well maybe they are changing their tune after VOTING against supporting a labour motion to support Woolston High School.

They are now allocating ?3,000 in the Parish Budget for 2009/10 to the remaining High School in the area. Hopefully other schools will be given the same treatment in the New Year.

I note that there is also a couple of grand allocated for other projects just hope that they are divulging their respective interests.

Maybe the Lib/Dems feel a tinge of remorse and are trying to make amends with the local community? Stranger things have happened.

[quote name="PJ Callands

If the Lib Dems have a prospective Councillor in Bewsey going spare its no surprise' date='they did after all parachute in their "golden girl" from the Midlands. ]

Not so sure she is a golden girl, whilst she works in the Midlands, somebody was telling me that they understood that she had a home in Chester. :?

PS Thanks PJ for your kind comment in your original post. :wink:

Are there any other candidates in the Penketh Parish election and are they local. I hope so because I go painting there on a Wednesday evening and I don't want the Lib/Dems to close the venue down as part of their cut back programme.

Following last nights appology hopefully the election process will be a smooth one and not as chaotic as last time.

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting to read in the latest Parish minutes how the Lib/Dem Parish budgets for next year are being subtley geared to funding what could be seen as traditional Borough Council responsibilities.

A case in question is Fearnhead where thousands of pounds are being diverted to support education and other local organisations.

This is a u-turn which goes against their Lib/Dem leaders closure policy in neigbouring Woolston.

Maybe the worm has turned?

What shortfalls Pete, there were NONE under previous Parish Councils, which as you say had a majority of Labour Councillors.

Are you saying that the Lib/Dem predominantly run Parish Council is heading for a shortfall? What proof have you got as I would be very interested in hearing about it?