Favourite Christmas song

Tilly

I have two that have been my favourites for an age and although some have come close since, they remain my bestest ones:

The Pogues with Kirsty Mc Coll - Fairy tale of New York - big up the Pogues - gourgous fella's :wink:

Slade - say no more, tis fab n thats that, I don't believe any one who says they dont love it even if in secret :wink:

XXXxxxxxxxxxx

Don't really like Christmas songs but I will make an exception for

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" as played by the Modern Jazz Quartet.

They transform it into a wonderful fugue which swings gentle along so perfectly that it is difficult to believe it was ever intended to be played any other way!

Oh, and I suppose Old Blue Eyes wasn't too bad with "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"!

But Tilly, if I am keeping secret a fondness for the Slade shopping arcade anthem, then I am keeping it secret from myself as well!

i quite like the silent bit of silent night :twisted:

still can't believe it is nearly christmas despite all the signs.

cliff has released another record.:roll:

adverts for anybody who can get more than six people together and form a choir has released an album. (strange but why would a choir sing "all by myself ???)

singers who you never hear of at any other time appear on the scene.

every paper is giving free cd's away of carols performed by all and sundry or films that even channel four would not repeat on an afternoon.

still it won't be really christmas till foster and allen release their new album :cry:

ps wolfie i found santa go run over by his reindeer on utube but thought it a bit risky to post a link on here. very funny though.

i quite like the silent bit of silent night :twisted:

still can't believe it is nearly christmas despite all the signs.

cliff has released another record.:roll:

adverts for anybody who can get more than six people together and form a choir has released an album. (strange but why would a choir sing "all by myself ???)

singers who you never hear of at any other time appear on the scene.

every paper is giving free cd's away of carols performed by all and sundry or films that even channel four would not repeat on an afternoon.

still it won't be really christmas till foster and allen release their new album :cry:

Snot really very christmassy somehow, may be it'll feel like it a bit nearer the time but we've not got long now so erm?

ps wolfie i found santa go run over by his reindeer on utube but thought it a bit risky to post a link on here. very funny though.