Fixed penalties?

observer

Errrm no; I wish to cross the junction cos the green traffic light tells me I'm legally entitled to cross. :roll: I've yet to see an Emergency vehicle commit the offence of blocking a junction in this way, but have seen these nerds blocking a junction and stopping an Emergency vehicle from proceeding to an emergency. :shock:As for tooting one's horn, I've yet to see it be the cause of congestion or an accident, so erhaps you can release that straw from your grasp! :wink:
Not the point, you're selectively saying which laws are fine to break, no different from the box junction encroachers. I can see it, so can Baz.

See your grasping at a straw too: but if I were to be pulled up for it by the cops, I wouldn't be bleating about it like some big girl's blouse and moaning about their priorities. :roll:
Not at all.

BTW: perhaps you could quote that section of the Road Traffic Act (Regs) or Highway code; that prohibits the sounding of an audible warning device (horn), fitted to all vehicles to warn other (zombie) drivers of your presence (during daylight hours)? :?:wink:
You see while I've admitted to the laws of the road that I do break - box junctions not being one of them - you're blissfully unaware of those that you break.

http://www.jezuk.co.uk/cgi-bin/view/jez?id=1441

Not really wanting to interupt your strange arguement about horn use but I use mine when I need to and I would imagine most people do :oops:

Highway code - section 112

The horn Use only while your vehicle is moving :? and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively.

Re the 'aggressive' point perhaps all cars should be fitted with horns that ONLY sound for 1 second and with a happy melodic tone. :roll:

How silly... sometimes a horn heeds to be used in a way that can wake up the idiot that's just about to take you off the road. In the same way that a polite 'beep' can alert a chatting driver at traffic lights that they actually changed to green a while ago. :wink:

The horn is also a good way of saying 'hello' to people you know 8):shock:

So, lights turn green, I start to move off, but the junction is blocked by a nerd, so whilst STILL MOVING, I sound my horn, to alert the nerd to the fact that s/he's holding up a line of traffic - try and grasp that straw! :roll::wink:
Are you sure the goalposts are still in the same place. It's taken you three pages to come up with that one :roll: