Fixed penalties?

observer

yep, but you can't criminalise everyone on the country Obs; no one would get anything done for fear of some state snooper slapping tickets everywhere.

Ever had a fag and tossed the butt or the match away? Littering. ?30.00

we could go on for hours with daft laws and consequences.

Best way to raise revenue is to stick it onto fags......

Thought any infringement of the law was a crime, thus the perpetrator a criminal! :roll::wink:

The perpetrator is of course a criminal but the name tag is only attached and a penalty imposed if the perpertrator is caught.

Seems that most lower?? levels of crimes such thefts etc fall at the first hurdle in the fact that the the victims themselves can't supply cctv evidence or witnesses to the crime :shock:

Wasn't thinking of revenue actually, more of changing a culture: my wife returned from Town today, saying almost everyone she passed was using the "F" word as if it's now the norm - perhaps it is - but only because it goes unchallenged. :twisted: Sort out the small fires and you might avoid a big one! :roll::wink:

Sort out the small fires and you might avoid a big one! :roll::wink:

Yes, of course. It's the "broken windows theory", which is of course one of the main problems with UK society - virtually everyone is happy to commit what is quaintly termed anti-social behaviour: - don't fancy walking too far to get your lottery ticket - then park on the zig zag zebra crossing lines; fish & chip paper a bit to messy - then chuck it on the floor; see your mate across the street - shout "how the F*** are you doing" (as at 2.30 yesterday afternoon in St Helens town centre); the list goes on.

Seems we agree on something Bonz: it's these liberal minded types who've come up with the nonesense of "policing with consent"; we can argue about the need for particular laws (that's politics); but once in place they are there to be complied with, and it's for the police to enforce them, IMO in low tolerance manner. :shock: The expansion of a system of fixed penalty tickets, would save on police and judicery time and energy, and may start to turn around our chav culture. :shock::wink:

cause it would mean that there would be more complaints about police not out catching criminals.
Exactly. Jesus christ, they spend enough time targeting motorists as it is, and onserver wants them to target more? That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a few middle lane hoggers pulled over and if possible, given a jail sentence :lol:

.......... and fining someone for a 1 foot ingress onto a yellow box keeps you safe and secure does it? No it doesn't; it gets money from the populous and it ticks a crime, detection, punishment box in the NuLabours tickbox policing strategy

OK I'll play: the lights are on green for me, but red for the traffic laying across the junction, cos they entered a yellow cross-hatched junction (EG; Pinners Brow) without their exit route being clear - and these morons look straight ahead, ignoring the car horns and gesticulations, knowing they are completley in the wrong - but must stay up the a*** of the car in front, in case they lose their place in a queue that's going nowhere fast. :roll::wink:

OK I'll play: the lights are on green for me, but red for the traffic laying across the junction, cos they entered a yellow cross-hatched junction (EG; Pinners Brow) without their exit route being clear - and these morons look straight ahead, ignoring the car horns and gesticulations, knowing they are completley in the wrong - but must stay up the a*** of the car in front, in case they lose their place in a queue that's going nowhere fast. :roll::wink:
So they are up the arse of the car in front, where do you want them to go? Yes, they've made a mistake, but now by your own admission they can;t move, meanwhile you are using your horn inapproriately - you realise that is an offence? :lol:

For example http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-431050/I-fined-honking-man-stepped-car.html

Tut tut Mr Observer

Errm, seems your inability to digest my point, suggests your part of this lemming problem rather than it's solution - yer just don't ENTER the junction in the first place if your exit is not clear - or is that too difficult for you?! :roll::wink:
Yes, but they're there now, so does that make it okay for you to now blare your horn and gesticulate? Breaking the law is fine for you as it's retaliation?

And no, don;t assume I'm part of the problem, I observe box junctions, I never middle lane hog, I do however speed quite a bit, and I will undertake when I've been driving on the inside lane for some time, and some middle lane hogging wanker doing 60 is on my outside. I'm happy admitting to my driving faults when there are some to admit to.

In the absence of any law enforcement by the Police, who IMO should be booking these trogs; the use of one's horn is the only means of reminding these morons that they are causing an obstruction, and making a grid lock situation even worse than it has to be - it's a good job we don't have the right to bare arms! :twisted:

In the absence of any law enforcement by the Police, who IMO should be booking these trogs; the use of one's horn is the only means of reminding these morons that they are causing an obstruction, :twisted:

So you show contempt for the law (because you obviously know better) by breaking the law by inappropriate use of your horn because they are blocking YOUR way and you can't get across to the next section of your traffic and you are frightened you may lose your place in the queue? Why do you need to get across a junction any quicker than anyone else? Would you use your horn to gesticulate at a driver on a yellow box if your exit wasn't clear either?

Would you do the same at a police car that has accidentally crossed onto the box lines?

You are obviously as much a part of the problem as everyone else Observer.

Sorry, your holier than though attitude has just sunk.

Errrm no; I wish to cross the junction cos the green traffic light tells me I'm legally entitled to cross. :roll: I've yet to see an Emergency vehicle commit the offence of blocking a junction in this way, but have seen these nerds blocking a junction and stopping an Emergency vehicle from proceeding to an emergency. :shock: As for tooting one's horn, I've yet to see it be the cause of congestion or an accident, so erhaps you can release that straw from your grasp! :wink:

as for seeing emergency services not crossing onto yellow boxes and having to stop therein...... you really mustn't drive a lot Obs. Police cars; especially the little diesel Astra ones break just about every traffic law in the book every day....