OBAMA WINS

Mary

Of course: in the same way that ours produced Thatcher and the Germans produced Hitler! :wink: That is the result of fickle and gullible electorates, and electoral mood swings - something no "democratic" system can erradicate. :roll::wink: The point of the thread, is that our system allows Parties internal control of s/election processes, with processes of positive discrimination in order to tick boxes on inclusivity rather than promote excellence through meritocracy. :roll::wink:

SO BACK TO OBAMA - he had his first news conference two days ago and handled the press very well considering he has probably hardly slept in weeks. They tried to get him to talk about things that are not in his hands yet and he said - When I am President, please ask me then, until then we have another man as our President, please ask him. I thought that was gracious and smart.

He is the guide - we the people need to be part of the solution.

On a silly note he was asked what kind of dog his daughter Melia was going to get and he very seriously said - there are two priorities 1 --it must be hypoallergenic, of which there are many breed and 2 ---we will be getting the dog from an ASPCA --so it will be a mutt , like me.

LOVE IT! :lol:

He won't be able to deal with the real world just using sound bites and empty rhetoric :wink:

Perhaps if he starts with the real world of the USA, he will make better progress than trying to dictate to the rest of the world, like the present incumbent.

Good luck to him. Just hope he is allowed to live and do the job.