OK then opinions

Eagle

Didn't see it Eagle as I was watching real live football at the field of dreams.

From what I have heard it wasn't a penalty but Gerrard didn't dive just fell over really! :roll:

But Liverpool should have had a penalty earlier on for a handball incident and deserved at least a draw on the balance of play.

how sad.

It was a very soft penalty but by the rules of the game a penalty none the less. He got to the ball first and was shoved in the back whilst in the air. Anywhere else on the pitch its a foul and no whinging. There is a world of difference between going down under contact and diving, then if Ronaldo is one of your heros I doubt you would agree. The hand ball prior to this penalty was as blatant as it comes but not given, and I think the ref was probably guilty of making amends for an earlier mistake which is wrong but it goes on. If it helps Eagle I probably would not have given a penalty but I wouldn't have booked Gerrard for diving as he didn't. :wink:

As a neutral observer (well an Evertonian anyway :wink: ) I would say that Gerrard committed the foul because he flew in with no intention of going for the ball whereas the defender was attempting to head it. To say that the defender had eyeballed Gerrard is stupid talk because defenders are supposed to look around for likely threats and deal with them. I would be prepared to give Gerrard the benefit of the doubt and say that it was a fifty/fifty ball and not book him!!!! :D:D:D:D

I find your reference to Ronaldo an attempt to deflect criticism from Gerrard

Eagle you put the following quote in the opening post of this thread which was your reference to Ronaldo. I am simply responding to this.

"Don't you scousers ever call any player from any other team when you have got the biggest cheat in the game , yes bigger that Ronaldo. " :roll:

As a neutral observer (well an Evertonian anyway :wink: ) I would say that Gerrard committed the foul because he flew in with no intention of going for the ball whereas the defender was attempting to head it.

Don't let the fact that Gerrard headed the ball on come in the way of this argument :?

As a neutral observer (well an Evertonian anyway :wink: ) I would say that Gerrard committed the foul because he flew in with no intention of going for the ball whereas the defender was attempting to head it.

Don't let the fact that Gerrard headed the ball on come in the way of this argument :?

Not the way it looks to me, but what would I know? I don't own any red tinted glasses :wink::wink::wink: