Sick and disabled out to work!

observer

There are valid points being raised on both sides of the arguement (or is it a discussion :? )

However Obs, I do think you hit the nail on the head with your last comment although it may be wise to replace the words 'Gov line' with 'Party Political Line' :wink:

I know the Government are trying as always to save money but we'd moan if they wasted it too. It is cost effective to get as many people no matter who they are into work otherwise the state has less revenue throught taxes and NI and it has to pay out in benifits BUT I dont think people that are not sick or disabled should have any priority over jobs.

As`both the Gov AND opposition Parties are destined for a "saving spree"; whoever is in Gov will be pursueing this policy! :shock::roll::wink:

:wink: As are the rest of us eh?

You know we'd all save a heck of a lot each month if we found a way out of paying our council tax, NHI, bank charges, business rates, VAT, Corporation Tax etc etc :lol:

In the current economic crisis can't we all claim for 'undue distress' caused by the inability of those who have got us to where we are today... thus writing all our debts off :lol:

I know the Govenrment are trying as always to save money but we'd moan if they wasted it too.

A bit late for that now though.... after Gordon et al have wasted hundreds of billions in the last 11 years funding civil servants that stay at home till there are jobs for them, computer systems that will never work, submarines to fight an enemy which don't exist anymore and god knows what else, saving a few quid on benefits isn't going to help!

I know the Govenrment are trying as always to save money but we'd moan if they wasted it too.

I laughed til the tears ran down my face when I read this Tilly!!! Governments NEVER try to save money, they do their best to waste as much as they can, and the present incumbents are the worst ever. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Problem with Governments is that they are given free reign to waste ?billions in half baked ideas and changes (which often seem to be 'for the sake of change') that 'they' think we all need and after they've done it they eventually come to realise that maybe things were ok as they were originally after all :?

Easy when it's someone elses money you are wasting eh :wink:

This Government have wasted ?billions over the last 10 years by merely throwing money at issues, mostly half baked ones; and tampering with life style trivia, instead of getting to grips with fundementals. :roll: Having spent ?trillions bailing out the banks and the city; they have choices as to where they get the money from: either start implimentating major savings (such as benefits cuts) or start taxing the super-rich and corporations. :shock::wink:

I laughed til the tears ran down my face when I read this Tilly!!! Governments NEVER try to save money, they do their best to waste as much as they can, and the present incumbents are the worst ever. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Just edited my last post only to correct a spelling error :roll:

Why is what I said so funny, they all, whatever party they do try to save money or should I re word it, try not to spend any more than they have to, all of them, not perhaps to save us money but to save them selves maybe but either way they do, or they'd run out and there'd be none.

Whether they get it right is another matter, some see their failings as wasteful and maybe efforts so far make some roll on the floor laugh with tears streaming down their faces.......( or maybe thats just my posts) but they all have to make sure they save and dont waste money, they dont do it very well, often they really do get it very very wrong but all the parties must try to ensure that they spend as little as they can even if that means in investing in preventative measures like promoting healthy living and spending on stop smoking campaigns for example so people dont need more costly care in later life, to getting as many people as possible into work to generate revenue, erm that was my point really, and any party what ever your values or beliefs is trying to do, it all boils down to money, if somethings changes it'll ultimately be with a view to trying to save money.

We need to distinguish between "saving" as a euphomism for cuts, and "savings" in terms of not wasting money, and applying available resources at priorities. :shock: As I suggested in another post elsewhere: tax cuts are an option for a stimulus package, in order to increase spending, thus demand. :? Problem is; where do you get the money from to fund the tax cuts? By increased Gov borrowing (being considered by NuLab), a debt that will eventually have to be repaid with interest. Or, by making radical cuts in Gov expenditure, which in some instances will affect the poorest in our society (being considered by the Tories). Or, by increasing taxes on the super-rich and large corporations (being considered by the LibDems and advocated by Obama)? :shock: We currently live in a world of global fantasy economics, based on credit: which allows a Country like China to lend money to the West, to fund wars, and buy Chinese goods, whilst ordinary Chinese folk work a 12 hour day, 24/7, for a pittance. :roll: We've had a warning in this current global financial crisis, alas it appears to be going unheeded. :wink:

What I find amusing is the idea that governments try to save money!! They are in the business of raising taxes from us and spending all of the money and sum. Hence we have a national debt the interest on which is only serviced by raising more tax!

What I don't find amusing is actually paying said tax! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Japan National Debt 194% of GDP

Italy National Debt 107% of GDP

US National Debt 72.5% of GDP

Greece 89.50% of GDP

Belgium 84.60% of GDP

Norway 83.10% of GDP

Hungary 67.00% of GDP

Germany 64.90% of GDP

Canada 64.20% of GDP

France 63.90% of GDP

Portugal 63.60 of GDP