SURELY NOT!

Paul Kennedy

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if it became the norm to sign over your house to your kids once the mortgage was paid off, you could guarantee there would be a new tax brought in to take advantage of it, after all the government would lose countless billions on all the house sales that didn't take place!

Interesting question - "can you trust your kids"? - recall hearing of an old lady who signed her bungalow over to her son - the son duly evicted her, making her homless - which helped to get her a "Council" bungalow in double quick time. Was he being a bad son, or just playing the system?! :?:wink:

If a massive house building programme to fund low rented Council Houses were embarked upon, it would house the homeless and by decreasing housing demand, decrease the cost of private purchase at the same time. :roll:

I suppose you are right Obs :wink:

Although if the government had to pay for all the land and building of low rent council houses and also have to fund the subsidies they may have to pay towards rent, council tax and benefits associated with low paid workers...

So if private purchase prices also subsequently dropped as a result wouldn't the government ALSO be losing out on the private sales income they receive from stamp duty etc. too :?

But if it became the norm to sign over your house to your kids once the mortgage was paid off, you could guarantee there would be a new tax brought in to take advantage of it, after all the government would lose countless billions on all the house sales that didn't take place!

Better act quick then before they catch wind of it.... :lol: Wonder if there is a minimum age for a child to become a property owner.

:wink:

Interesting question - "can you trust your kids"? - recall hearing of an old lady who signed her bungalow over to her son - the son duly evicted her, making her homless - which helped to get her a "Council" bungalow in double quick time. Was he being a bad son, or just playing the system?! :?:wink:

Often though about evicting our mother-in-law but my other half wont allow it :lol::oops::wink: Guess he's more trustworthy than me :wink::lol:

I can't see any loving son or daughter evicting their own parents from their home though unless like you say there is an 'obvious' and 'agreed' reason for it. :wink:

Bit like the Kerry Katona saga eh... :lol:

Actually Baz, I don't think signing your house over to the kids will become the norm of the future. I think the Govt and the developers have got it sussed!

Houses built these days have a lifespan of only about 30/40 years so once the mortgage is paid off there's not going to be anything of worth to sign over. In fact you'll probably need a hell of an endowment policy to demolish and dispose of the waste...the cost of which the Govt will probably collect.

If you look at the schools building programme, over a period of around 30 years all schools in the country will have been replaced by New Build. Just as the last ones are being thrown up the first ones will be ready to be replaced.

Keeping the developers and the construction industry going on a well profitable and never ending cycle!

The economy has been kept afloat for years by the house building industry, and there doesn't look to be much effort being made to develop other industries. So if your house doesn't collapse in 40 years the country probably will. :shock:

If you want to leave anything to your kids (other than demolition costs/waste recycling taxes) it might be worth buying and restoring a victorian property which could last not only your lifetime but your kid's as well!

A job centre has been slammed for refusing to display an advert for 'reliable workers' - because it discriminated against unreliable applicants.

Recruitment boss Nicole Mamo, 48, tried to post an advert for a ?5.80-an-hour domestic cleaner on her local Jobcentre Plus website.

She ended the job offer by saying that any applicants for the post 'must be very reliable and hard-working'.

But when Ms Mamo called the Jobcentre Plus in Thetford, Norfolk, the following day she was told that her advert would not be displayed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1246201/Employer-told-advertise-reliable-workers--discriminates-unreliable-applicants.html#ixzz0dkXGPPzD

The PC world is going more bonkers by the day Paul :shock::lol:

Surprised that they got away with the request that applicants were fluent in Enlgish as that must really be non-pc :wink:

Wonder if the same rules apply for listings which include reference to qualifications or experience needed for certain jobs as that would obviously discriminates against 'some' people too.....

But the bit I really don't get is the bottom paragraph where it says that the advert WAS placed in full both online and in the Job Centres :?:?: Eh ?? waht was all the fuss about then :lol:

it might be worth buying and restoring a victorian property which could last not only your lifetime but your kid's as well!

Trouble is there aren't enough of them to go around, I guess that our population is double that of victorian times.

Maybe they shouldn't knock as many victorian building down so at least the ones we have got can remain and maybe the newer ones should be built with the same skills and quality materials :wink:

You can buy my house when I'm older if you like Sha :wink:

Lets try this one from the Daily Telegraph, also in the Mail :wink: .

A banker, Dr Adrian Howd, who bought a ?1.9 million home on the bank of the Thames has taken the seller to court to demand his money back after claiming the property floods up to 80 times a year.

Actually it's not the property but the long garden that runs down to the Thames. Dr Howd has a doctorate in molecular neuroscience, so one would have thought that he might have known that rivers rise and do flood surrounding areas, doesn't he watch the news or read papers. What a p........ and he's a banker....say no more.