SURELY NOT!

Paul Kennedy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You couldn't make it up:

Britain's top fire training college lost eleven engines in a huge blaze at its own premises because it failed to update its fire risk assessment.

The national fire training college in the Cotswolds went up in flames in May 2009, causing more than ?1million of damage.

More than 60 firefighters rushed to the premises to put out the fire, which destroyed eleven fire engines and the entire garage building.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1257156/Top-training-college-lost-engines-blaze-risk-assessment.html#ixzz0hsfpajM5

Just wondering if anybody got sacked.

• 2 weeks later...

I merely draw the following to your attention...without comment...for the moment. :shock::wink:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1259953/Council-chops-6-000-trees-beauty-spot-stop-doggers.html

PS The following are a couple of the online comments:

What a load of absolute madness and tosh ! Why not PROSCECUTE the dog owners ? Another example of Councillors gone mad !

- B.W.Moore. Mr., Stockton on Tees UK, 23/3/2010 8:31

Your naivety is so refreshing!

- Lorna Collins, Bournemouth.

:wink::D

My annoyance and total disbelief about 6000 trees being felled for such a reason sort of went out of the window when I read the two comments you referred to Paul :lol::lol: Bless :lol:

Have to confess thought that I was once told about the 'dogging' activities that were going on up near Walton Gardens and I thought it was a new family type activity arranged for owners of the usualy type of four legged friends with tails :oops:

Probably find that the area that has now been cleared of trees is earmarked for for something else and will be built on now the trees have been removed for a 'reason' though :wink:

Wonder how many of the 'doggy' type weirdos were arrested or cautioned for their actions prior to the radical decision to chop down all the trees though :evil:

Someimes it is better to appear to have a valid reason for doing something in the hope that people wont question it..... a bit like the saga regarding the actual reason for the closure of Stockton Heath's public loos... in the end that seemed to come down to lack of available council money rather than the weirdos who were originally blamed :roll:

. a bit like the saga regarding the actual reason for the closure of Stockton Heath's public loos... in the end that seemed to come down to lack of available council money rather than the weirdos who were originally blamed :roll:

The council don't want to spend a penny then?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that Asp.. it's certainly nnbelievable and rather funny in an odd way :lol:

If I was the adjudicator I'd have slapped very heafty fines on both sides for wasting time with the fine money going to a local charity or community group etc :wink::lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/7589093/Handyman-injured-after-chopping-down-branch-he-propped-his-ladder-against.html

The words 'stupid' and 'Idiots' both spring to mind... :?:roll::lol:

Surely it's his own fault (and that of his accomplice) as both having eyes and brains surely they could see what they were doing... it's hardly rocket science is it :oops::lol:

But where there's possibly 'someone else' to blame then there's a claim eh :roll:

Sunday Mirror:

A town has elected a dead man as its mayor.

Straight-talking Carl Geary had a heart attack as he campaigned for office.

But despite being in his grave he still polled three times the votes of his rival.

Widow Susan said in Tracy City, Tennessee: "His election was no surprise at all to me."

Sunday Mirror:

A town has elected a dead man as its mayor.

Straight-talking Carl Geary had a heart attack as he campaigned for office.

But despite being in his grave he still polled three times the votes of his rival.

Widow Susan said in Tracy City, Tennessee: "His election was no surprise at all to me."

Well I'd vote for Brown if he was dead!! :lol: