Tree Cutting

reader

Smiled, and cringed at todays news on the councillor and mp cutting trees as though it was a recent issue. Long before the Lib Dem/ Conservative council ever thought about having control of WBC all we ever got from the labour council was "we have no money to cut trees", so they now see it as an issue !!!!

These trees and more like them in other parks should have been pruned years ago.

Smiled, and cringed at todays news on the councillor and mp cutting trees as though it was a recent issue. Long before the Lib Dem/ Conservative council ever thought about having control of WBC all we ever got from the labour council was "we have no money to cut trees", so they now see it as an issue !!!!

These trees and more like them in other parks should have been pruned years ago.

Why? They don't hide the skittles!!! :wink:

We seem to be getting worse all the time. How far can they keep cutting back on services?

If you have green areas, they need maintaining and the money budgeted for. I dare say that if someone sustained an injury, the trees etc would be dealt with before the ink was dry on the paper.

Ah but the problem she has now got is that in her role as a Government Whip ( ?25,673 a year extra - a rather nice earner in these harsh economic times :wink: ) she has to toe the line and therefore has to be very careful what she objects to. Bashing the Council is an easy thing to do.

Was she ever a WBC Councillor. :wink::?

( ?25,673 a year extra - a rather nice earner in these harsh economic times :wink: )

Much as I personally despise the local Blair babes and could not think of a job suitable enough for either of them to perform other than kamakaze pilots; the money she gets as a whip is somewhat less than the "allowances" claimed by the councillor you replaced is it not Paul?

( ?25,673 a year extra - a rather nice earner in these harsh economic times :wink: )

Much as I personally despise the local Blair babes and could not think of a job suitable enough for either of them to perform other than kamakaze pilots; the money she gets as a whip is somewhat less than the "allowances" claimed by the councillor you replaced is it not Paul?

I have heard that said Baz. :wink::D

PS I get ?507.19 per month after PAYE deductions :shock:

• 1 month later...

Comes to something when an MP has to get involved with an issue over what should be a simple council task of tree pruning :roll:

I presume from the article and comments on here that requests (and probably complaints) were made to the various council departments, parish councils, borough councillors and nothing was actually done about it :roll: If there's an excuse why 'not' do do something it will be found eh :wink:

So at least the MP is trying... a bit like those who fix potholes :wink::lol: But if it get's the job done then that's more than usually happens.

Maybe if the council genuinely can't get the appropriate tree experts to do the job and resolve the problem quickly for this lady then they could pay for her to have cable TV installed (no aerial needed :wink: ) until they do have time and money available :wink: ...