The season so far.......

karltt

10 games gone so far this season just wondered what your thoughts on the initial expectations prior to the season and what we have achieved so far ???

Couple of points i'm happy with

1. Still in all three cups. Hopefully we will beat romulus and progress to hold a home game against one of the big boys. Cant see us progressing any further than three more rounds but i think we can get two more scalps.

2. CSC think we can beat nantwich then progress onto facing witton or alty.

3. LSC hopefully progress in the senior cup and get good tie against everton reserves or the other one. Get a good gate and some money into the club.

Couple of points not happy with

1. League position - was hoping at this time of the season we would be either in middle table or top six. Currently sited as relegation fodder.

2. Game attendance - seems like lots going on in the background to either advertise the club or encourage families / younger members to come, but again attendance dont get over 130 mark.

Post your opinions :P

Disappointing after the promise shown during the latter stages of last season, buuuut the injury list has been cruel, and when they were all fit they were great.

I think they will still end up in the top half when the injuries clear.

The thing to recognise is how they play now compared with 12 months ago.

10 games gone so far this season just wondered what your thoughts on the initial expectations prior to the season and what we have achieved so far ???

Couple of points not happy with

1. League position - was hoping at this time of the season we would be either in middle table or top six. Currently sited as relegation fodder.

2. Game attendance - seems like lots going on in the background to either advertise the club or encourage families / younger members to come, but again attendance dont get over 130 mark.

Post your opinions :P

I will concentrate on the negatives as the positives will look after themselves!

The league position is indeed very disappointing but I am sure the results will soon start to turn because we have the best squad seen at Warrington Town for a long time. We also now have half a dozen home grown Warrington lads in the squad which is very important.

Going on recent results, taking Premier scalps in the Liverpool Senior Cup and The FA Trophy we are capable of beating anyone on our day.

The defeat to Clitheroe was 3-2 in the last minute when we had led 2-1 away from home for much of the game. If they win their THREE games in hand they will be top of the league by a country mile and we deserved at least a point. So be positive!

On your second point - When the new board arrived on the scene the average attendance was 70-80 and now it is edging up towards 130-140 now.

If we make the same percentage increase season on season we will all be very happy. :D

Work in progress

The cup runs are encouraging (even though it costs my ?5 each time we win a game) as it raises the profile of the club and creates a buzz.

More peope are more likely to come down, and supporters who normally just go home games (like us) are likely to go on the cup run and support the lads away from the mighty c park.

The league is diappointing but we have to remember we have almost stepped up a level this season (having not done great at the level before). There are promising signs around the club and if we all stick together the future in bright (yellow & blue).

Work in progress

The cup runs are encouraging (even though it costs my ?5 each time we win a game) as it raises the profile of the club and creates a buzz.

More peope are more likely to come down, and supporters who normally just go home games (like us) are likely to go on the cup run and support the lads away from the mighty c park.

I am sure I have seen you and your family at a number of away games - there can't be two of you Tim! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...