Warrington Losers - Unemployed!!

Geoffrey Settle

It's interesting but in a sad way, the direction this thread has taken 'humorless tales' defense or not.

At least Mary and Dismayed understand that there will be some people recently out of work due to financial issues beyond their control and linked to the running of their companies who will be seriously looking for a job. Unfortunately they may well find that because they have been working all their life that they may not be entitled to any help or assistance apart from the state paying for their stamp.

So I hope that all of those who find the situation funny take a step back and ask 'How secure their jobs are?' especially the lad who I believe may well have been the passenger of a 'Golden Gates' lorry.

Maybe he feels that he is immune from the present crisis, wrong no one is private or public.

Geoff....

why do you never see the funny side in peoples responses? Why are you always the bringer of doom and gloom?

You remind me of bloody Faser from Dads Army ...."We're all doomed"

You want to lighten up a bit mate; everyone knows the state that the economy is in and that we can all be affected by the downturns. Mary is in America where things are done a little differently over there as they are not constrained by the Euro-Factor.

.... and what has Golden Gates Housing got to do with anything? are you imlying that they may be in trouble or something? are you starting another little rumour or doubt in peoples minds? because that is how half of the bloody problems have started in the recent events; by people making assumptions and opening their mouths whilst still having a foot securely embedded

Do you smile at all? :lol:

Well surely everyone laughs at the LibDems.... go and prepare for government and all that?

They are a bit like a 3rd division team guesting in the premier league; they get the odd shock win, but deep down you know they will always be in the lower leagues!

Well at least I will have a fighting chance to keep hold of my money with a dog and an alarm rather than Brown just handing it over to the scumbags against my wishes.

Get out, get a job and get off benefits seems like a good catchphrase! :lol:

Get out, get a job and get off benefits seems like a good catchphrase! :lol:

Can't think of one reason why anyone on benefits would want to. :?

Get a job and lose money :?

I would be going to work for no more and probably less than if I stayed at home. :roll:

Benefit claimants are more likely to die or retire than get a job,

Can't think of one reason why anyone on benefits would want to. :?

Get a job and lose money :?

I would be going to work for no more and probably less than if I stayed at home. :roll:

Benefit claimants are more likely to die or retire than get a job,

Then ALL benefits should be stopped and everyone should be made to do some form of work. Even if it is just putting litter on the floor so abnother benefits recipient can come and pick it up again

Baz J wroteThen ALL benefits should be stopped and everyone should be made to do some form of work. Even if it is just putting litter on the floor so abnother benefits recipient can come and pick it up again

Aint going to happen.

That's why nearly one in five of the working age population of Liverpool ? has been on benefits for two years or more.

:roll::roll:

Some of you lot are so blinkered.....

You are now inferring that ALL people who go to the job centres are lazy scroungers who just want handouts and have no intention of finding work.

Some are like that granted :evil: ... but there are a lot who aren't and who probably go as they have just become redundant and are desperate to find another job quickly.

Quite often companies will register a position with the job centres directly rather than advertising in the press and the job centre will match employee with employer. 8)

Isn't ONE scrounger TOO many?

With some people, playing the system is a profession that they learn from their parents, who probably learnt it from their parents.

As for the post about they would be no better off working, they should be made to take a job, and if necessary have their pay topped up to what they would get on the Rock and Roll. At least they would be making some contribution.

There are loads of jobs that need doing, that the council say they have no money for, so they could do some of those.

Of course one scrounger is one too many.... but no-one seems to read the other comments I made re the ones who genuinely do want work :roll:

Guess you either have had to be out of work at some stage yourself or to have know someone in the same circumstances to fully understand.

Just a pitty the scroungers are managing to ruin everyone elses reputation too eh?

PS... I don't go to the job centre by the way incase you all thought I did :P

The prognosis is, that unemployment is likely to soar - will all those who lose their jobs suddenly become scroungers?! :shock: And while on the subject of "scroungers", we've allowed millions into this Country to do just that; charity starts at home, so I'm not to bothered about "scroungers" as long as they are OUR scroungers! :wink: