Blue wheelie Bin and Gone expense?

Geoffrey Settle

It's coming soon the small bin collection.

Yesterday I heard someone say that collecting them all would be more expensive than the job is worth.

So if you didn't put your out on the day it would save WBC some money and they would turn a blind eye.

I would have thought that they could have sold them on.

Is this true and are you going to hide yours to help the council budget?

Doubt it Obs as I don't think we have much choice but I'm sure that most people will actually use them. Pitty they are so big though :?

We've had loads of unused old blue and green ones abandoned and left out round here though for ages now.

Why give green bins to people who haven't got gardens..... :roll:

Now there's a thought.....

do you think WBC could issue us all with those nice 'chimneas' for in our gardens :lol:

We could all dispose of our shredded paper and other burnable waste in those on a cold winters night..... resulting in less waste for them to take away and free warmth for us in the wake of more elec/gas price increases 8)

Now there's a thought.....

do you think WBC could issue us all with those nice 'chimneas' for in our gardens :lol:

We could all dispose of our shredded paper and other burnable waste in those on a cold winters night..... resulting in less waste for them to take away and free warmth for us in the wake of more elec/gas price increases 8)

Hey but think of all of the pollution it would cause :wink::)

You do actually have to be careful with shredded paper for animals.

Depending on the type of paper, print process, inks etc it can actually prove fatal to your fluffly little pet.

I can safely say from experience that normal newspapers such as the WG and other daily tabloids are fine for lining the bottom of your guinea pig cages even if they eat it like mine does 8)But then we don't have to shread our newspapers do we :lol:

Other shredded things such as bank statements, home printed emails, printed letters etc etc etc are not really advisable 8)