Reserves win in cheshire cup

Dave P

Just to update yellows on todays reserve cup game at FC Pensby. The lads won 1-0 thanks to a goal in the last minute of extra time from young substitute Adam Joseph. Although we were way below our usual standard today i thought it worth a mention that the reserves are now unbeaten in their last twenty five games - yes 25 ! including cup games, cup finals and matches agaianst so called higher league opponents. I know i have probably cursed it now and we will lose next game but it is an incredible run at any level of football and these lads deserve a mention. They train hard and play 100% every week for WTFC and are a credit to the club. I have several promising players who in time will, in my opinion, go on to play at a higher level and i hope it is for Paul. I have discussed their potential with paul and he is keen to see them progress. Anyway, just thought i would give them a mention !

Congrats Dave, I know what a good bunch of lads that you have, and that all good results are very hard earned, especially in the league you are in, and I know some fans are venturing to watch your guys, instead of travelling away to watch the first team, keep up the good work, it is appreciated, and am sure come December 6th, there will be a big crowd for your game

Woody 8)