Baby Girl found in wicker basket 1918

I hope somebodycan help me with this search, my late mother , was found in a wicker basket in the park next to Bankey Railway Station, in Oct 1918, she was later adopted by the Plinston family of Stockton Heath, I believe one of the addreses was Orchard Rd?,I am trying to set up a family tree but have no information on my mother name Olga Mary Constace Plinston later by marage known as Olga Gibbs, she was with the ATS in the second world war, and used to be part of the Concert parties. please help if you can, as this will be most welcome by myself & sister.

Yours Hoping

Nigel Gibbs

Could be a long shot,but there used to be a motor repair garage opposite Central station in Winwick street called J.Plinston which was knocked down in the sixties (think it is a van rental site now).Could be worth a search ,good luck for a positive & happy ending.

PS I know the garage was operating in the 20's because that was my dad's first job after leaving school & he was born in 1906.

• 3 weeks later...

Re Letters on Baby in a Basket, Thank you for the last reply for paper Warrinton Gaurdian, I will be hopeing to get to Warrington Libry this thursday 26th July, mt sister has been able to furnish some more facts, My mum was abandoned by the gates to the park near to Bank Quay station, there was a hand writain letter with the baby in the basket in beautifull copper plate saying "please take care of my baby" she was taken in by a orphange in or nr Warrington run by 3 sisters possible with the name of Broadbent, the baby was chrisened Miss Park, she was then adopted by the Mayor of Warrington,s brother & Wife and then re named Olga Mary Constane Plinston, the story was in Local & National Papers, and a reward was offered.I hope this could jog somebodys memory?. heres looking forward to any further developments, will keep you posted.

Regards, Nigel "The English Cowboy"

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much the friendly people of Warrington, had a great time at the libary, info we found is as follows; my mother was found in Bank Park on the 1st of Nov 1919n not as we assumed Oct 1918, she was found by 2/3 children on a park bench, she was then taken to the police station , then given over to the Whitecross Institution " now Whitecross Hospital Warrington" she was adopted in the April of 1920, by the Plinston family, 2 questions is "Bank Park" the park with the large ornate gates or was it small park near the railway station that was built on a few years ago?,

We also looked up the Allemanders Square Dance Club who dance at the Alford Sports & Social Club on a Thursday ,what a great lot of dancers imediately felt at home will go again.

Thanks again for all your help.

The English Cowboy (Tex)

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by nigel gibbs:

I hope somebodycan help me with this search, my late mother , was found in a wicker basket in the park next to Bankey Railway Station, in Oct 1918, she was later adopted by the Plinston family of Stockton Heath, I believe one of the addreses was Orchard Rd?,I am trying to set up a family tree but have no information on my mother name Olga Mary Constace Plinston later by marage known as Olga Gibbs, she was with the ATS in the second world war, and used to be part of the Concert parties. please help if you can, as this will be most welcome by myself & sister.

Yours Hoping

Nigel Gibbs