Manager Update

Paul Moore

Well what can i say. I was bitterly disappointed with the performance on saturday in the FA cup.

I have been encouraged by the lads that have stepped in to cover the injured players and suspended lads, and i thought after our tuesday game against colwyn bay, we would go and be competitive at Winterton. But how 3 days can make a difference to a team.

We have 7 players out injured or suspended and although i do believe you cant hide behind those circumstances, the truth is we cannot afford that many players unavailable and be at our best every week. I have not picked the same 11 at all this season, and consistency matters. What was bad on saturday was the lack of heart, and that is hard to accept.

The fa cup is over but we still have the league and fa trophy, its very early days and players are on the mend.

Andy thomas back next week, Anthony kielty back next week, Nicky prescott back tuesday, Brian holmes back tuesday, and Gav lynch back in 2 weeks. We have also agreed terms with Jimmy Mcarthy from Kidsgrove, along with Adam Hunter from airbus uk and Dave Thompson from Runcorn linnets, so the signs are looking better already.

We have a very good squad when all fit, and im sure we will be fine over the next few months.

thanks

Paul Moore

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul

I know you are looking at the reserves and monitoring there progress, but with so many players out injured and the moment have you thought about drafting some in.

There is the obvious conflict, like I said to Jenni, you want the researves as a team to grow together and work together but at the same time individual talent needs to be helped along.

I am sure you are doing, but keep the b team lads in mind!!