Possible new ?400m Titan Prison on Omega Site ????

Dizzy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wolfie you used Resists comments if you do not know what you put don?t get on to me to reuse a resists bigot and tht it for me on the matter about your resists comments.

:?:?:? I would respond if I knew

1. What I am supposed to have said. and

2. What the hell you have just said. :roll::roll::?

You're a resist man! Stop resisting will ya! :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

If it's not a daft question - what exactly is the situation now? I know that the council voted to block any move to build the Prison following the Public meeting at the Parr hall the other week, but is that it now? Or are there still plans afoot and do people need to stay aware that a prsion is till on the cards?

It's just that someone asked me that same question the other day and I wasn't sure how to answer.

...but if the justice ministry did think Warrington was the best option (and the best value) they would probably get their own way, no matter what the local politicians wanted! :roll:

Having said that quite a few of those "in the know" said Warrington was never really an option and that the vast majority of politicians jumped on the band wagon in an attempt to grab the glory of stopping something which was never really going to happen! :oops:

• 3 weeks later...
If it's not a daft question - what exactly is the situation now? I know that the council voted to block any move to build the Prison following the Public meeting at the Parr hall the other week, but is that it now? Or are there still plans afoot and do people need to stay aware that a prsion is till on the cards?

It's just that someone asked me that same question the other day and I wasn't sure how to answer.

warrington-worldwide can exclusively reveal that Justic Minister Jack Straw visited the site in person a couple of weeks ago.

See front page! :shock:

warrington-worldwide can exclusively reveal that Justic Minister Jack Straw visited the site in person a couple of weeks ago.

See front page! :shock:

The fact that Straw hasn't been reported as visiting any other potential site makes this very worrying news. It is obvious that even if the site has not yet been chosen, Warrington has clearly made the final shortlist. I'm sure that once Labour do make their decision, they'll find some way or another to get what they want. :roll:

I would imagine the land owners (Miller Homes) would take any money they can get at the moment! :roll:

I understand the land owners are English Partnerships ( Homes and Communities Agency). Millers are developers...who in the current climate won't be doing much developing.

I will be making a speech tonight at Full Council and will briefly mention Omega.

• 3 weeks later...

How many detention facilities are there already in Warrington I wonder :?: A new prison would bring in quite a bit of employment and would probably lead to less traffic congestion than a commercial development of a similar scale...

...it's all the sitting on the fence that annoys me (although that is what Government excels at!).

Just reading the little farticle by Jo Crotty, I'd love to see the evidence on which she bases her assertion that the presence of a Titan prison would deter investors in the area. You'd get investment, just not high-tech investment :!:

Mind you, that industry is currently going through agonies just like every other one - it could be said that the prison "industry" is one of the few sure-fire growth sectors that are recession-proof, provision for elderly being the other one that springs immediately to mind. We are constantly getting more criminals and more old folk, and constantly under providing for them :!: