Large Hadron Collider

wolfie

Wow that's catchy..... :D8) Brilliant even though I don't fully understand the science of it all :wink:

...more of an explanation on the associated link (for dim wits like me who don't know much about science).... although it also says the LHC was turned on in May 2008 so are we all ok :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQYXMqEwRxc&feature=related

Guess someones now going to tell me it's a joke and that I'm stupid :?:shock:

Letter in today's Metro

"Can anyone explain the reasoning behind death threats issued to scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider? I've read they received e-mails stating that if they switched the machine on and it destroys earth then these people will come after them. From where , exactly."

Actually I searched the forum to see if anyone had started a thread on this topic and failed to find one. After Mary's cutting remark I searched again and found one in the section 'Chat to other posters' :?:?

I considered this to be of a wider National issue with a possible catastrophic effect on us all.

However, I think Gary's intervention of

Forgive them Mary - you must realise by now some posters can't see the nose infront of their face!
was as usual biased and an insult to Baz J, Dismayed, Eagle, Paul Kennedy, Legion, observer, bill, and Pedro who had also failed to spot the original thread.

I apologise to Mary for failing to spot and comment on the 'Physics Rap' :cry:

However, I think Gary's intervention of

Forgive them Mary - you must realise by now some posters can't see the nose infront of their face!
was as usual biased and an insult to Baz J, Dismayed, Eagle, Paul Kennedy, Legion, observer, bill, and Pedro who had also failed to spot the original thread.

C'mon wolfie, if you had to side with either someone who slags scousers off or someone who calls him a rock god :roll: how would you react? :wink::lol:

I didn't really care that you had started a new thread on it - and I agree it is of national interest to you more than me. What I thought was interesting is that people do the doom and gloom as soon as it is finally considered of national interest. It really was of national interest for a few years!!

I can remember 2 years ago us having a discussion about the building of this Collider. The effects of what it may do to Europe and so on. I guess I should have put - REMEMBER when we talked about this??

But I did not. Wolfie you have nothing to apologize for - more likely I do.

As for others getting their little digs in - good on you boys! Good luck with that - I refuse to argue or make amends for my perspective of life.

:wink:

..... I refuse to argue or make amends for my perspective of life.

:wink:

What an absolutely wonderful statement Mary.... :D I love it and it certainly made me smile and think :wink: (as is the Memories Show that is on air at the moment... can't help singing along ) :D

8)<- Roy Orbison... you got it ?

Anyway I have banned myself from posting on here so I must log off from the forum quickly before I notice what I'm doing ... :shock::lol::D