The End for Pink Ladies?

Bill

Just been listening to the two owners of the company on the BBC?s Woman?s hour program (and before anyone asks, no I don?t, I just followed a link) where they said that if they loose this case they?ll definitely close their business.

The question is, would any normal company put their entire business at risk this way in the misguided belief that public support somehow exempts them from the law? What?s even more surprising (or not) is that one of the owners turns out to hold a doctorate in law! :shock:

Now I didn?t know that, but it probably explains why the company chose this obscure route. But if you think about it, any lawyer worth their salt would probably be running a successful law company rather than a small taxi company trading on the edge of commercial viability.

Bill :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt they will close Bill as they seem pretty sure that they will win. They aren't half having a dig at WBC on their new website either :lol:

Apparently the solicitor representing WBC was late to the initial hearing as his taxi couldn't find the court :lol::lol: Surely not but then again :wink:

But on a more serious note PL's claim that WBC council employees 'ambushed' their vehicles 6 months ago by booking them and then taking the drivers to an area where Police carried out vehicle checks and they were questioned by Council licensing officials regarding the club, vehicles and driver?s employment status.

They also claim that during their four years of trading they have had to raise complaints about harassment, information leaks of private email by senior Council officials to forum sites etc, and a restriction of business.

I can see a large 'compensation' claim coming on :wink:

Well, we?ll just have to wait and see on that one. I hope they do carry on trading which ever way it goes because if they?re making women feel safer in their own minds then that?s not exactly a bad thing. That said I think much of what?s their doing is slightly cynical, because they?re simply playing on and capitalising from the fears and insecurity of women for their own ends and their attempts to franchise this philosophy has caused many others to suffer great financial loss.

At the end of the day they are a private hire ?taxi? company where people call them, they send a car and they get paid for doing it and public support and celebrity endorsements doesn?t alter this basic fact. I doubt a court will be swayed by such stuff and will only look at the facts i.e. the company is unlicensed and therefore unlawful and has deliberately set out to break the laws on sexual equality.

All we need now is for the pair to claim they don?t recognise the court on the grounds that there are too many men present. :lol:

Bill :)