6 eggs

2 cups mayonnaise

1 onion, diced

2 green onions, thinly sliced

1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced

3 stalks celery, thinly sliced

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

Boil potatoes, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain, cool and cut into small chunks.

Put eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.

In a large bowl, combine chopped potatoes and eggs. Mix together mayonnaise, chopped onion, green onion, green pepper, and celery. Season with salt and pepper, then mix well. Cover, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

I also add 2-3 tablespoons of mustard to fold it in. Some people do not like mustard but my family does. I have also added 2 tablespoons of pickle relish.

This makes a nice cold salad and feeds about 12 people. Enjoy.

• 2 months later...

Ingredients: 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt,1 teaspoon pepper, 3/4 cup sour cream or mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 leek, sliced thin, just white part. Directions: cut potatoes in half, boil in medium pot until tender, approximately 15 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. When cool, cut into quarters and set aside. In large bowl, mix together sour cream, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Stir potatoes into the mixture and add leek, mix well. Let chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving.

--------------------

Aloria

http://www.addictionlink.org

• 5 months later...
Anyone want my Potato Salad recipe?

5 pounds red potatoes

6 eggs

2 cups mayonnaise

1 onion, diced

2 green onions, thinly sliced

1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced

3 stalks celery, thinly sliced

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

Boil potatoes, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain, cool and cut into small chunks.

Put eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.

In a large bowl, combine chopped potatoes and eggs. Mix together mayonnaise, chopped onion, green onion, green pepper, and celery. Season with salt and pepper, then mix well. Cover, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

I also add 2-3 tablespoons of mustard to fold it in. Some people do not like mustard but my family does. I have also added 2 tablespoons of pickle relish.

This makes a nice cold salad and feeds about 12 people. Enjoy.

Sounds delicious.....Add a teaspoon of mustard to that, and we are talkining POTATO SALAD :D