Season starts here

James P

Well tonight at least for the Reserves at home to Maine Road. 7 o'clock KO and will be a good chance to see Warrington Town start the 08-09 season. We've had a good run in pre season and are hoping to carry that form into the league. Why not come down and get behind the lads for what will hopefully be a winning start.

come on lads we are all on the same side:-

the reserves know they are looking for promotion for two very equal reasons,

1) they want to help the club by progressing to a higher level

2) they want to do well for themselves and do there best

I will be down there tonight to cheer on the lads, although you know what my timekeeping is like.

p.s well done everyone, sunday was great, justin (and familily) plus my mum enjoyed the occaction as I know others did. Hopefully the club has made a few new friends!!

Nothing like adding a bit of pressure before a ball is kicked lads! One game at a time and all that ! The reserves have a young squad who have worked very hard in pre season and the management team are confident they can do well. For the record, over the last four seasons we have progressed ten players to represent the first team (all local players) at some point which is not a bad record by anyone's standards !

I know everyone at the club want all the teams to progress and i also know the relationship between first, reserve and youth team is better now than for some time so lets hope we all keep our heads when things don't go so well and maybe the club can enjoy the success it deserves at all levels

So dave not trying to put pressure on.

Just adding a bit of healthy competition, if you aim high and just miss - you still achieve great things (to misquote someone clever).

There is a good link between all the teams as I know from watching Sam play in the under 8's. Keep up the good work TEAM WARRINGTON

Lets hope that Town reserves can finally get out of Cheshire Division 2. They should have been promoted 2 or 3 years ago but always seem to choke at some stage of the season.

Cheshire Division 2 looks very weak this season with all of the other Unibond sides already having their Reserves in Division 1.

Its unrealistic to expect 1st team players to play at such a low level, where they dont even have linesmen and play on roped off fields, and its a huge step for young players to move the other way.

The gap is so big that some young players have of course moved on in order to progress themselves.

The August fixtures look very comfortable, so hopefully a good start tomorrow can be carried into the vital first 3 months.

Good luck to the reserves in gaining promotion, (i'm sure they will), and to all at the club in fulfilling their ambitions. Should be a exciting season.