Amazing new aerial photos !!

indy

Originally posted by lucilled:

Thanks TMM for the non-blinkered reply :)

You're welcome ........ flint knapping is an absolute art that is made to look easy by those VERY few who can do it correctly. Best knapper I've ever seen and in my opinion the REAL expert on flint is John Lord ......... what he doesn't know about flint aint worth knowing :wink:

http://www.flintknapping.co.uk/index.html

[ 08.05.2007, 11:36: Message edited by: tonymailman ]

As promised TMM. Just a few images here, I will photograph some of th best impliments soon and post them as soon as I get time. There are many different examples to choose from;

-

-

-

Plenty more images soon....

[ 08.05.2007, 15:57: Message edited by: indiana James ]

• 1 month later...

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum, still got my L plates on, i was interested in the 3 rings in the first picture indy sent, has anyone seen them now on the new google, lookes like someone has nicked your rings james

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.395607,-2.456335&spn=0.001459,0.003616&t=k&z=18&om=1

sorry if the link doesnt work, still learning.

Originally posted by ex padgate girl:

TMM why would anyone want to buy arrows like that?

They wouldn't use them on little furry critters would they? :(

They are made for museum displays, educational handling, collectors .... plus also used for shooting purely for demonstration as to their effectiveness ........ they are NEVER shot at anykind of live target :D :biggrinbounce: :angelwings:

• 3 weeks later...

Any sign of a camp of any kind near by?

The chert vs flint question- Its the difference between a cheapo plastic razor and an antique one? The chert is being used as a cheap disposible resource- for making low importance items such as scrapers, or even as votive or "religion-based" items, and the higher quality flint reserved for high status tradeable arrowheads and burins?

incidentally, the "gridlike pattern" mentioned previously? sorry but it looks TOO regular- possibly more likely the impression left by the plough, but made more obscure by the crop thats grwing over the tracks!

[ 07.07.2007, 23:50: Message edited by: robot ]