Who do you fancy to be Premier League Champions 2008-09  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you fancy to be Premier League Champions 2008-09

• Arsenal
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Man United
    • Other

Liverpool will hopefully take us to the promised land as I believe Torres and Keane will be the most lethal strike force in the Premier League.

Keane is a superb signing, no doubt about that but I hear Rafa has already started talking about possibly playing him on the right wing. Does he not learn that playing players out of position never manages to get Liverpool any closer to the title? I don't know about you but I personally am of the opinion that Liverpool will never win the title under Benitez. He like Houllier, is an excellent manager in European competitions but with regards to the Premiership, he always falls short, by some distance it has to be said. Even though the owners and Benitez have supposedly buried the hatchet, I still believe having those two American's in charge will only hinder the clubs development and progression.

Having said that, I personally am a big Everton fan and what a truly terrible Pre-Season we have had. We must be the only club in the top three divisions of English football not to have signed a single player this Summer and considering we finished 5th in the top division of English football last season, it is somewhat worrying as to where we will finish this season. As far as I and so many other Everton fans are now concerned, Aston Villa, Portsmouth and Tottenham have all jumped well ahead of us now in the fight for European football. As for the proposed Kirby stadium move, I was one of those who like most fans voted yes in the ballot but there were still so many no's, and the idea of a club from Liverpool having their new stadium outside of the city is one that rrrreally could damage the clubs status to a certain degree but anyway the government have now called in an 18 month review and so the proposed stadium move is now seemingly dead in the water. But Everton are gonna rue all the stadium move mess all season as despite denials from the board, its blatantly clear for all to see that the confusion over whether or not the stadium move would go ahead has left Moyes in absolute limbo as to just how much money is available. Bill Kenwright made a somewhat sad but brutally honest comment the other week which was basically saying that the one and only reason so many Tycoons aren't interested in buying Everton, is because of Liverpool FC so overshadowing Everton, and that really is such a great shame.

You make some good, valid points Jonathan. I feel sorry for Moyes, genuinely, as he has never really had a substancial budget available to compete with the big guns, but has yet managed to put the cat amongst the pigeons on many occassions. I think Everton's trouble is when they have a good season, like last season or three years ago, they don't give him the money to improve his squad in the summer. If he was given ?20 million or even ?15 million to spend I think he is cleaver enough to get the right players. As for Rafa, people should have a little more faith in the man that delivered two league championships in Spain and a European Cup with us. He has got what it takes and I think he will prove it. The major downfall for the Reds is our first 12-13 can compete with anyone in the league, but after that we're goosed. United and Chelsea can field two teams from their squads of virtually equal quality, we can't. Whether that is due to bad signings, poor players coming through, or not being backed by the owners, I'm not sure, but I would guess the latter over the other two. As for last night, poor display, but as Rafa said, it's 0-0 and I would fancy us to turn them over at Anfield. And I bet most of the doubters out there wouldn't be suprised to see us Rome come May either :wink: