Councillor's Street Surgeries - Nothing new about that

Geoffrey Settle

So what about... "Did the LibDems parachute Jo Crotty into Bewsey from Birmingham so that she could use it as a springboard to becoming an MP?"

Would that count?

Yes that's the sort of question you can ask Baz.

Paul's right about his selection process - Now my question is 'I believe that one of their new members who stood for office used to be with the Conservatives, then he joined Labour who rejected him and now he's a Lib/Dem - where does he go next to try and win a seat?

Maybe he could accompany Jo on her street walkabouts? :wink:

So does that mean that I can say.....

In my opinion they are all probably as bad as each other. I believe, although it has not been proved that some political parties have one aim in life and that is to win in whatever way they can wether that's by hook, crook, or deception or even by using people in the process. Am I right in thinking that some (maybe all??) political parties merely take on the public's concerns and battles not because they actually want to help or think that the issue is really important but merely because the 'party' feel that they may gain votes by appearing to be interested at a time that is important to them !!

Am I also right in thinking that certain planning applications have only been refused in knowledge that they will go to appeal so when the inspectorate gives permission certain council members will save face by appearing to have tried to stop things... :wink:

And finally the fairy at the bottom of my garden just told me that the useless Lib Dems and all other similar useless partners in crime (whoever they may be) have now been boiled and turned into a watery soup which will be avalable free of charge on Saturday should anyone be able to stomach it :lol:

I believe your correct in your belief; which should qualify you as a politician - if you can stomach it! :wink:

:lol::wink: I could probably easily stomach it Obs as I'm rarely sick :wink: but I don't really think I fall into the usual twitchy handed, practiced false smile and equally well rehearsed door step banter of the caring 'politician' type that we sometimes see..... and unfortunately I do have a conscience whereas other allegidely do not.. I am told :wink:

I'd probably be burned at the stake instead :shock:

[quote="Dismayed

I'd probably be burned at the stake instead ]

hmm.. well I'm sure that you'll die of old age - BUT when you're dead LIB/DEM supporters will still hound you and make 'Nasty' comments even when you have been a popular if somewhat eccentric WWW poster. :x

I always think that I am not going to be surprised again but even I had to do a double take when I heard the comment recently from someone who I regarded highly a year ago.

So I guess you don't vote for any of them then?! :wink:

Voted for all three of the main parties nationally over my voting years Obs and a few locally too... only to be dissapointed by all. And of course not voting gives you no ritgh to moan although I'd prefer not to have too :shock:

I think that politics and party stance should be completely excluded from local level ... so I tend to vote for the person who cares and actually does something for the community rahter than those who offer false promisses and party twaddle.

However, If there was a general eletion tomorrow I think I'd really struggle....

Good old Gordon has really started to screw us all up.... Blair was a mellon with hands (and an ugly wife.. allegidly :wink: ) Thatcher was a woman so should have done better :wink: and I dread to think what would happen if the Lib Dims took over nationally (but perhaps I am am basing all my asumptions on severe inefficiency at local level :wink: )

Politics has never been my strong point or even an interest of mine.... :P

hmm.. well I'm sure that you'll die of old age - BUT when you're dead LIB/DEM supporters will still hound you and make 'Nasty' comments even when you have been a popular if somewhat eccentric WWW poster. :x

I always think that I am not going to be surprised again but even I had to do a double take when I heard the comment recently from someone who I regarded highly a year ago.

Oh great so there's no getting away from them then :shock: Surely they don't really hound the dead too though :shock:

Come on spill the beans... what's the comment from the once highly regarded person you have now heard :D