Old Warrington

Tilly

Any body got any pictures of where we all live from years ago that could be put in this bit? Especially Winwick road? I dont live there but I beleive my Gran did for a time or certainly used to mention it alot.

Hope this is what this area's for or is for peoples snap shots ???

Any body got any pictures of where we all live from years ago that could be put in this bit? Especially Winwick road? I dont live there but I beleive my Gran did for a time or certainly used to mention it alot.

Hope this is what this area's for or is for peoples snap shots ???

It is for any pictures to do with Warrington at the request of PJ who has now disappeared! :roll:

Come on PJ populate the section you wanted!

Where's all the photo's :(

Shouldn't what's currently being put on here be being put under the 'general' or 'history' chat areas?

Says me who hasn't actually uploaded any photos yet either and I'm now chatting instead.. but I will find some amongst the 1000's I have and probably bore you all with them :D:shock::D

Byrdy, that photo's lovely, I live just round the corner, just goes to show what places looked like before we all march all over them :roll:

When you mention your grandad was a puddler do you mean "my", "great" grandad? The one I refered to as my Big Grandad? Oooh he was lovely, bless and my Big gran, didn't know them very well but I thought they were heavenly :)

When you mention your grandad was a puddler do you mean "my", "great" grandad?

Yup,sure do.Bet you didn't know he came to Warrington from Oldham because Warrington didn't have any good *puddlers* at the time.It was also the reason he was called back home from the Somme battlefields in WW1 as they needed more puddlers here.That's the reason me,you & all the rest of the family are here,as most of his comrades were killed just after his return.End of family history lesson!

Heavens.

I'd love to know more, I only really know about my Grandads ( Arther Corless) side, I was told they came from Ross Common, Southern Ireland. I know very little about the Birchalls, or the Costello's ( was lead to believe that was my great grans maiden name?

Am going to get told off for straying from the topic sorry, just fascinated :wink::roll: