Is there a worse Lane than Fearnhead Lane in Warrington?

Geoffrey Settle

If there is then it must be pretty bad.

Fearnhead Lane has suffered for a long time with promises of resurfacing being made by WBC year after year.

It suffers from a multi-patchwork of repairs which continue to break down and get repaired, the road floods outside the Farmers Arms, and futher down the lane drains overflow by Canada Close (or at least they used to). The drives opposite the close have paving stones that float on a film of water!! I know because I got my shoes wet several times yesterday and it wasn't really raining, apart from a few specks of water around noon.

A cyclist caught his front wheel in a gap in the road and went head over heels. I hate riding down there as it a rip roaring bone shaker of a trip. Not to mention the idiots who park in the cycle gap by the pub - hopefully the police have followed up my complaint about them.

The pavements are no better and one poor lady had to go to hospital as a consequence of tripping over a raised utility access point. This unlike the road was repaired very promptly and a good job was done. She unlike a local Councillor (allegedly) didn't try to sue.

I just hope that there is some sort of plan that will make sure that this busy road is resurfaced BUT not by the contactors who did Harpers Road (Longbarn)last year. The job was so bad that they had to return - I'm not sure if they need to come back for a third go. Why do they have to put low grade rubbish down and not cost the job properly with the right material?

You would think though that WBC would "look after" the ward where they have 100% LD Councillors.

I agree with whats been said about the state of Fearnhead Lane and it being unsafe. Once again those lethal speed tables have worn edges which make them higher than they are supposed to be.

I thought "the councillors" lived off Fearnhead Lane, surely anybody with any common would "look after their own first"

You would think though that WBC would "look after" the ward where they have 100% LD Councillors.

I agree with whats been said about the state of Fearnhead Lane and it being unsafe. Once again those lethal speed tables have worn edges which make them higher than they are supposed to be.

I thought "the councillors" lived off Fearnhead Lane, surely anybody with any common would "look after their own first"

Drove up Hallifields road yesterday and that looked a bit ropey.

As for readers question regarding the number of Poulton North Councillors living off Fearnhead Lane then if you extend it down Hilden Rd you have all three Borough Councillors. However if you include Parish Councillors then you might have as many as four more. Surely that is weight in numbers?