Warrington Walking Day Pictures and video now online

Gary

Like the shades and monochromed shirt pocket :D Managed to see more in the video than I have done in 29 years. I used to get into work early at 8am in Town and not veture out of New Town house till after lunch when you used to have to dodge the drunks - so it was nice to see what it's all about.

I was passing Mersey way today when someone called out my name from the march - it was someone I hadn't seen since my Warrington Athletic Days almost 15 years ago so it's a good way to meet up with old friends.

Gary,

nice video and I have a suggestion for you.... why not send a copy of all the videos to the old folk in the various council care homes around the town?

My mum is in Padgate House at the moment recovering from a stroke and she was a bit gutted not to be able to see the walk this year as she does normally get into town (unlike me; I am normally still in bed... mind you we did watch the walkers leave from St Stephens Primary on Sandy Lane as we were working there yesterday!)

Just a thought Gary as you will probably understand that a lot of the old folk love the walking day celebrations but many do not have access to the internet!

Baz

Old folks homes with out internet connection - you must be having a laff!

More silver surfers than anyone else! :wink:

I am sure that if a home approached us we could supply them with something - but not possible for us to send something to every retirement home!