It's official.

Peter T

Stats tell us what we have known for years.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2008/06/25/quarter-of-liverpool-on-benefits-100252-21148149/

Some things never change as anyone in industry will know.

:wink:

These figures don't take into account all the hard working scousers who left for pastures new to help make Warrington a boom town! :roll::wink:

Stands back lights the blue touch paper and awaits lots of sarcastic responses - having said that I banned most Manc supporters when the new site went live! :lol:

I had to delete the rest of my post this morning as I was in a hurry to get out.

I was going to say that, most Scousers are born with a list of entitlements instead of a silver spoon in their mouth.

But the comforting thing for the "working(and I use that word loosely) is that the majority are not on benefit.

And another bit of info I was told, is that Warrington is no. 3 on the worst area for crime/violence. Allegedly stated on a TV program.

:roll:

I had to delete the rest of my post this morning as I was in a hurry to get out.

I was going to say that, most Scousers are born with a list of entitlements instead of a silver spoon in their mouth.

But the comforting thing for the "working(and I use that word loosely) is that the majority are not on benefit.

And another bit of info I was told, is that Warrington is no. 3 on the worst area for crime/violence. Allegedly stated on a TV program.

To be honest I'm not sure I believe Warrington is the third worst area for crime / violence.

He obviously leads a sheltered life; perhaps he should get out round Town at the week-ends?! :lol::wink:

In response to that comment, I go out a great deal of the time and am fully aware that there are great crime and violence problems in Warrington that really do need to be dealt with however if it is true that Warrington really is the third worst area for crime and violence then I must admit I am somewhat surprised at that alarming statistic.

Head in the sand already Jonathan :shock: .... you'll definately make a good politician :roll:

Plus ! if you intend to go into politics you MUST learn NEVER to answer a straightforward 'yes' or 'no' question with the answer of yes or no ! politicians being the LIARS and CROOKS that they are ALWAYS avoid directly answering a straightforward question.

Warrington has certainly lived through a rough 12 months especially earlier on. Given the number of deaths, fights, attacks as reported on this web site, the national and international coverage the Town has ceratainly been up there with the large cities.

However and maybe I shouldn't be chancing my luck things have calmed down a bit especially where I live. I was able to thank in person two police officers earlier today when I was out delivering leaflets. Hope they didn't detect my scouse accent. :lol: (Calm down calm down all you Warringtonians :D )

So Pete what's that got to do with me if an unamed person makes a comment alledgedley. I know nothing about it and I have only your word.

I did hear first hand (because I was sat next to him) the Lib Dem Councillor Mike Howard make a snearing remark directly at a PCSO's during a Parish Council meeting earlier this year. He's entitled to his opinion about the PCSO's just like I am.

Is he the person that you are referring to?

I for one think that both the police and the PCSOs are doing a very good job in Poulton North and I will continue to support them.

Geoff,

A tad touchy?

I was referring you to a Points of View letter on page 20 col. 3 from a person called Jesse from Cinnamon Brow. who is still waiting for the police to turn up after 3 weeks.

I thought it an interesting item worthy of raising with the local bobbies. You live in the area not me.

Didn't you get the Guardian this week? or do you only buy it when you have sent an article in? :wink:

Peter why should somebodys place of birth define them as obviously you seem to have a problem with anyone who was born in Liverpool. Surely how a person behaves is more important than where he was born. I notice that Liverpool is second place not first but I am yet to see you have a go at any of the good folk of Hull.

Some of his prejudices are deep rooted which can't be changed, however I'm sure that there will be a response in the said newspaper to Jesse unfortunate experience or else they will be in touch.

For the record my WG is delivered every Thursday morning at about 6am and I read it while I have my breakfast.

I am also a regular contributer to 'Points of View' plus I acknowledge that my grammar/english is very poor and it has nothing to do with where I come from - I work hard to improve the situation and will continue to do so.

Geoff,

If that is the case why do you obfuscate?

I wasn't having a go, just wondering if you had read the article.

As for prejudices, I am amazed that you think that you know me that well, considering we have met maybe about 3 times.

The only two that spring to mind are that I am a supporter of the present incumbent on the Throne of England and I support Manchester United.

PJ.

WRONG. I have nothing against Scousers. Worked with them most of my life and thoroughly enjoyed their company.

However, during that time, I learnt more from them about entitlements than anyone else.

I saw the article in the "Liverpool" Echo, and thought it of interest as quite a few keep telling us how pure and honest all Scousers are.

I have also commented in the past about the scroungers of Warrington.

As for Hull, I haven't lived or worked there or know anyone that does, so it's difficult to comment.

Perhaps you could do it for me. :wink:

[

PJ.

WRONG. I have nothing against Scousers. Worked with them most of my life and thoroughly enjoyed their company.

However, during that time, I learnt more from them about entitlements than anyone else.

I saw the article in the "Liverpool" Echo, and thought it of interest as quite a few keep telling us how pure and honest all Scousers are.

I have also commented in the past about the scroungers of Warrington.

As for Hull, I haven't lived or worked there or know anyone that does, so it's difficult to comment.

Perhaps you could do it for me. :wink:

If you have nothing against Scousers why do you compare them to vermin? Predjudice is not nice no matter who it is aimed against and to say that Scousers claim that they are all pure and honest is nonsensicle.

As for pigeonholing the people of Hull for you, why on earth would i wish to do that, surely thats your trait not mine.

[

If you have nothing against Scousers why do you compare them to vermin? Predjudice is not nice no matter who it is aimed against and to say that Scousers claim that they are all pure and honest is nonsensicle.

As for pigeonholing the people of Hull for you, why on earth would i wish to do that, surely thats your trait not mine.

Now I am confused!!!

Who said anything about vermin? :?

I didn't say that Scousers made that claim. :?

You need to spend more time worrying about your prejudice against the council and the allotments.

I ain't having a go at anyone. :roll::)

[

Now I am confused!!!

Who said anything about vermin? :?

you did here 10th post down

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12257&start=0

I didn't say that Scousers made that claim. :?

yes you did "and thought it of interest as quite a few keep telling us how pure and honest all Scousers are. "

You need to spend more time worrying about your prejudice against the council and the allotments.

You obviously are in some form of denial Peter. As for your allotment advice how pathetic, I think I spend quite enough time worrying about them. You are an administrator on this site and as such I would expect a much higher level of behaviour from you