Should Warrington parents also shop their children for offen

Geoffrey Settle

Well Geoff, seeing how corrupt and bent a lot of coppers are and the fact they are all box tickers and target mongers; I would be worried that they would also try to fit them up for something else as well....

This is an unreasonable sentance for this kid who has been stupid, and does not encourage loving responsible parents to proceed in the correct manor on such instances.

especialy when you see the likes of the warrington "Ryan" murderer recieved an equal sentance. although this gun was being looked after for criminals, the young stupid lad had not created any victim in his crime, its a sad workld where a judge can deem this crime to be equaly punnishable to that of a murder.

two extreems making a sorry situation.

The lad should have got 6months tops.

would I shop one of my kids...not now, because the system cannot be trusted to rationalise crime and punnishment.

Agreed Legion. We don't now the whole story here, but the son looked totally shell shocked and the dad clearly enjoyed the publicity. I can't imagine having such a poor relationship with my child that I would call the polce before talking to them to find ot why on earth they had a weapon. It sounds as though he might just have been the patsy for someone nasty. In jail, sadly, he will learn from real criminals, and probably come out knowing far more about crime than when he went in. I think to instigate a prison sentence for your child, you have to believe that the prison system has some value, and the recidivism rate for young offenders proves that it fails time and time again.

I would have been in a terrible situation had this arisen with one of mine. It's a mother's instinct to protect her "cubs" but I have a social conscience too. When it comes to storing weapons and amunition I honestly can't say what I would have done, though I think my nature would have led me towards informing the Law.

Where I would have had to act would be if I suspected my child was invoved in the use of these items. I love my children but I could not stand by and see them being part of evil. I would be heartbroken and ashamed to have to "shop" a child of mine but, if it was necessary, I would do it.