Incinerator for Warrington

Horace

I don't want to be insensitive, but we do incinerate many deceased human beings, and indeed Warrington's very busy and well run Crematorium is in the Ward I represent.

Of course the solution to our waste problem is not to create the waste in the first place. :wink:

From the papers that I have read, I happen to think that the proposal put forward by the Council is a good one. At the end of the day a decision has to be made, no decision is not an option. There will always be some who are not happy with the decision. I will be looking to ensure careful monitoring of the waste gases and the cost of running the incenerator in comparison to landfill costs or viable alternatives

What is not acceptable is the export of our waste to China etc, we as a nation have to accept responsibility for our waste and deal with it in our country.

Why not stick a new incinerator next to the one at Walton Crem? no one would notice then!! plus the council may have to get rid of that stupid bloody bike lane on Walton drag to accomodate all the extra wagons!

A double result! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...