Defence of the Realm -

The safeguarding of our people and our National borders is the number one priority of HMG, so we should be surprised that our channel coast is completely porous and the military means of protecting our territory is now inadequate, hence the uproar from ex-military officers about funding and preparation for a war with Russia.   Well, assuming the Russians had any intention of moving west of Ukraine, it's a bit late for such alarm imo, as the preparation for war would take decades to prepare, having allowed our military to be undermined by woke innovation and depleted numbers, and a reduction in arms and amunition donated to Ukraine.   Throughout history our military have always prepared for the last war rather than the next, and this is demonstrated by our purchase of two aircraft carriers, which in the modern world of precision guided missiles are extremely vulnerable.    :unsure:

I would agree that our armed services are too small, but you say our two aircraft carriers are vulnerable to missile attack, so are troops and tanks, what are you actually asking for?

For my part, I would like a bigger army and more planes

Seems there are ideas of conscription being floated,  a woke joke in todays society I'm afraid,  all those drill sergeants having to be given pronoun training !   Then there's the issue of weapons production, when our steel industry is under threat.   Let's face it, a woke society, which is intentionally diverse and thus divided, will be incapable of taking on a more socially conservative nation in a war, unless they take the nuclear option.    😑