Political Dynasty

asperity

Mohammed Sarwar, MP for Glasgow Central, has the Labour parties backing for his son to succeed him in his Parliamentry seat. All he had to do was promise to vote with the government on the 42 day detention issue. And there was me thinking that NuLabour was against heredity in Parliament. This follows Tamsin Dunwoody being put up as NuLabour candidate for Crewe and Nantwich after the death of her mother. At least Boris does it the other way round, I believe his dad may be standing in the seat he is vacating! :D:D:D

That's why your not a politician - he'll be fighting on the 42 day issue and expecting the result of the by-election to show supoort for his stance. If he wins he'll then suggest that it is a vote of no confidence in Gordon Brown and his Government and that they should call a General Election. or something like that I'm sure Paul will explain better than me.

Given that over 60% of a public poll, supported the 42days; demonstrating just how thick folk are; David Davies's principled action could be rather risky. :wink:

To be honest if a pollster asked the question " would you put suspected terrorists behind bars without trial and throw away the key" he would probably get over 60% saying yes. And if the government is so sure that the public is right on the 42 days issue why won't they give us a referendum on the Lisbon Constitution (oops sorry I mean treaty). Or bring back hanging for that matter. Both these are supported in opinion polls. :?::?::?::?:

The sad thing about this is that it is going to cost many thousands of pounds from the public purse to pander to David Davies over inflated ego. If he doesn't like the decision made in the vote on this issue then hard luck mate that is how it goes. Don't be having a hissy fit and stamping your feet until you get your own way, just get on with it.

When Labour won in their landslide victory this seat still polled 47% Conservative so is regarded as ultra safe and proves this to be a selfish act by a petulant self server.

It's a pity the 36 Labour MPs who voted against 42 days aren't making the same stand. And a pity that NuLabour isn't going to argue their case in a public forum by fielding a candidate. The government wastes more money per second than this by election will cost. 8)8)8)

Be interesting if some of the alleged pathetic deals that conjoured up the Government's majority of 9 (DUPes); ever come to fruition? :? A massive Gov handout for N/Ireland; reduced sanctions on Cuba; hireditary succession for a Glasgow MP - what ever happened to listening to the arguement and being convinced by evidence?! :roll: A pathetic bunch of time serving leeches - and they wonder why the public are so cynical and disrespectfull. :twisted::wink: