Euro 2008

James P

Gary, you will be surprised to find that there is life outside the world of Wolves, WTFC & Poo.........and some of it is quite entertaining. It is a shame the likes of yourself and Steve are missing out whilst you try to score points.

No, not really? What does that mean? :?

Just in case you missed it Steve, your lot won tonight.

! i dont watch football very much and not much interested in the euro2008 and my lot didnt win i am not a German and have no intention of becoming one.. :roll::P and i dont give a dip if the win only if they lose so i can rag the Germans at work..

Steve

I know I am flogging a dead horse trying to generate interest in this totally insignificant competition but after the first stage I would be very surprised if the last four were not Spain, Holland, Germany & Portugal.

I agree, having watched most of the rounds they are the only four teams that are worthy of a place in the semis, apart from Croatia :wink:

As for Peters claim that England are on a different planet I have to disagree. Having watched Sweden and Greece, I feel both teams would have struggled against Accrington Stanley :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that Euro 2008 has been a really terrific tournament with just one poor match. Another plus is that there have been very few sendings off and a number of terrific goals. Russia and Turkey, especially the latter have both done particularly well to get to the semi finals. I'm certain that Turkey will bow out in their semi final against Germany due to 8 or 9 of their first team being suspended due to bookings and Germany being such a superior side to them but they really have been a credit to themselves whilst Guus Hiddink has done it again in guiding one of his sides to a semi final. Russia really cannot be underestatemated as they've got a number of excellent players such as Arshavin who is likely to be with Arsenal next season. They most certainly have a chance against Italy or Spain in their semi final. Italy and Spain play their semi final tomorrow night, come on Italy though I predicted Spain to win the tournament and stand by that prediction. I feel it'll be a Germany V Spain final with Spain winning.

• 2 weeks later...
James P should be happy. :D

Certainly is - he is on holiday! :roll:

Strong Liverpool connection with the Spaniards so hopefully good signs for next season with the mighty reds especially when we sign Gareth Barry and David Villa! 8)

If you do get Torres and Villa up front, Kuyt on the right and Gerrard in midfield (none of this second striker nonsense) assisted by Senor Barry you should show a significant improvement next season.

I honestly cannot see Liverpool ever winning the title under Benitez, or even getting top 2. As far as I a massive Everton fan am concerned, they are going absolutely nowhere in the Premiership and long may that continue.