why do we do it???!!!

Gary

....Send hoax and chain letter emails on to others in our address books.

Have we not received enough now to stop us doing it?

It is so easy to check on the internet if something is a hoax or not.

This is the latest one doing the rounds about Bill gates sharing his fortune - as if!

http://www.sophos.com/security/hoaxes/billgates2.html

If you receive a circular email offering the chance of something for nothing it really is too good to be true - just press delete and save our email boxes! :roll:

I must'nt be on anyone's buddy list because I never get chain emails :cry:

I do get one of these though every two weeks and have done for the last couple of years. It really pees me off that blatent attempts at identity theft like this are allowed to continue unchecked.

-------------------------------------------

Dear NatWest bank customer,

Security and confidentiality are at the heart of Natwest Bankline. Your data (and your money) is protected by a number of technologies, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.

We would like to notify you that NatWest bank carries out customer data verification procedure that is compulsory for all Natwest bank customers. This procedure is attributed to a routine banking software update.

Please login to Natwest online banking using the link below and follow the instructions on the screen.

(Dogey link to Nigeria removed)

Natwest Customer Service

-------------------------------------------

Just an after thought. Maybe I have got a buddy in Nat-West Nigera because they addresses me as Bill rather than William :lol: