Good Bye and Good Luck

Sheila_P

My sabbatical has ended. The coaches fate was sealed in his last interview with Gazzer. He bigged up the Castleford team which seemed to me making excuses in advance for a possible defeat and if he did the same thing in the dressing room talk the team must have thought they were running out to meet the touring Australian national team not a team which hasn't won away for two years.

James Lowes caretaker for the rest of the season and if he hasn't got a job in Oz, Daniel Anderson next season.

Whoever takes over will have to get a grip and sort out the heavy boozers from the social drinkers.

Tuesday afternoon press conferences will never be the same again.

Good luck with the future Paul. No one can ever question your commitment and loyalty to the club.

Some of the players need to take a good long look at themselves in the mirror and question whether they have a future at the club!

The coach has been his own worst enemy, also the interent can take some of the blame. For years there has been a drinking culture at the club. Players have been seen in Stockton Heath and also late at night in clubs in the town centre on the razz. What people see has been reported on, not this forum but another place. Yes. I know the coach says he doesn't read forums but I think he's telling porkies.He knows too much of what is being said not to.Did he do anything about this late night revellry ? Not to my knowledge he didn't. All it would have taken was a drive of a few minutes and he could see for himself who the culprits were. Too late now of course mainly because they have decamped and now enjoy the hot spots of Wigan and Manchester One of the expensive imports was even dumb enough to put himself on YouTube demonstrating his skills at pouring beer from a can into a glass. You don't need names to know who they are, you only have to look at certain players who, after only a few minutes into the game are puffing and blowing like old men clearly overweight and unfit. I'm sure there must be clauses in players contracts which contains conditions one of which must be that excessive boozing is a disciplinary matter which could lead to the termination of a contract. If there aren't these clauses it would be an illustration of the incompetence of the people drawing up these contracts. Perhaps it's now time to introduce tests for alcohol in the blood before training sessions and on match days. Anybody who breaches the rules gets his marching orders regardless of how big a name they are(and most of you will know the names of the suspects).

The next big chief has a hell of a job to put this club right.

Pssst...do you know of any good deals on mid-season season tickets ?

I'M BAAAAAAAAACK !!

As I've previously stated, he did a good job for us to get us to where we are now,

Eh and that would be nowhere :?:?:roll:

Relegation candidates.

Since he's joined, that fear has now gone and he's got us to a "solid" middle table team and managed to attarct some decent players to the club (admittedly they have underperformed since arriving) but he leaves us in a healthy position with the squad any new coach will inherit.

But we don't have relegation any more - so the only way you can now be judged to be successful is by actually winning something - Warrington haven't lifted silverware since 1991 - it is long over due and I think a few things, more than just the coach, need to be changed before they do!

Borrowed from elsewhere.....

It was primroses, primroses all the way

With blue mixed in my path like mad

The stand roofs seemed to heave and sway

Such flags they had

A year or so ago this very day

I go in the rain and more than needs

A rope cuts both my wrists behind

And I think by the feel my forehead bleeds

For they fling whoever has a mind

Stones at me for my year's misdeeds

_42737911_cullen203gi.jpg

The irony is the appoinment of James Lowes as temporary coach. Wasn't this hard as nails man from Leeds engaged as Wires' 'DEFENCE COACH' but since he came we seem to have leaked an incredible averge of tries per game - surely Lowes should be shown the door as well as the chief coach or have the decency to resign - there has been plenty of attacking flair over the last couple of seasons but defence which for so many years was the club's strong point has gone from bad to worse as seen in last 12 minutes against bottom of league Cas last night.

8)8)

• 11 months later...

A year ago today...Blimey doesn't time fly !

It was primroses, primroses all the way

With blue mixed in my path like mad

The stand roofs seemed to heave and sway

Such flags they had

A year or so ago this very day

I go in the rain and more than needs

A rope cuts both my wrists behind

And I think by the feel my forehead bleeds

For they fling whoever has a mind

Stones at me for my year's misdeeds

_42737911_cullen203gi.jpg