Eurovision Song Contest!

A serious Competion or not.  

22 members have voted

1. 1. A serious Competion or not.

• Yes
    • No

I suggest the UK withdraws from the contest, and it is no longer screened by the BBC...or ITV etc.

One assumes that in order for Russia to win, deals were done with neighbouring states with regards to the supply and price of Russian oil & gas. :wink:

Instructions rather than deals Paul. Vote for us or else.

I used to really enjoy the Euro Song Contest...... some good songs on this year although I did fall asleap when the final scores were coming in OOPS :shock:

These days it has all become somewhat political (like most things) and accordingly very predictable in the scoring :cry::roll:

Think Terry Wogan summed it up nicely in his commentary last night :wink:

Suppose you have to laugh at it really :roll:

I suggest the UK withdraws from the contest, and it is no longer screened by the BBC...or ITV etc.

One assumes that in order for Russia to win, deals were done with neighbouring states with regards to the supply and price of Russian oil & gas. :wink:

Instructions rather than deals Paul. Vote for us or else.

Unusually for me Peter I was being diplomatic with regards to Russia.

Just a bit concerned that they are regular readers of this Forum, and we could have supply problems. :wink::D:D:D

you mean Finland didn't win :shock: they were the best band by a mile!

Dunno Gary... I thought they were excellent but the more I've heard Azerbaijan's I think they topped them. Better with the video though I must admit :)

The contest displays the good, not so good and the dire but if you don't take it seriously it is more entertaining than a lot of the garbage thrown at us by the Cowell and Lloyd Webber concepts.

The worst part of the show is the inane rambling of the boring old fart Wogan, he has been dishing out the same nonsense for ages; "Yes Tel, we know the voting is political but you go off on one every year, retire and give someone else a chance"

• 11 months later...

The semi final is just coming on so I'll report back after I've listening to the dull drone of hopelessness :lol:

I'm not watching it you understand... I'll just be able to hear it from where I'm sat :wink:

Is our Andrew Lloyd Webber song still in it.... it's bloody awful :?

I've been in Malta, twice, when the contest was coming up. The Maltese take it all extremely seriously and they choose from dozens of songs that are put on TV every night for weeks. It would be lovely if they won but not only do they have to compete against the ex-communist block - the songs are always crap. :cry: