Heat Wave -

I’ve just dug out my dusty old fan and given it a good check over so hopefully I won’t end up searching the stores for one when they’ve all sold out. Stocked up on ice cream and lollies plus plenty of food that doesn’t need the stove or oven.

Bill 😊

how's the solar generator doing must be on double bubble by now or approaching a meltdown.....☀️...🔥

Comes to something when you open the window for fresh air and the temperature inside suddenly goes up by five degrees C.

Still it's not yet hot enough to bubble the tar on the roads. used to listen to the car tyres rippling along after the treads had filled up with melted tar and stones. good grip though....🤣

Won’t know until a bit later Sid. I’ve still only got the one small panel now mounted on the garage roof and facing west so it’s only just starting to get the sun. Currently is only doing 250W due to the thin cloud but it’s saved 40p up to now, which isn’t bad for a west facing panel. That’ll probably rise to about 60p/70p by the end of the day.

Bill 😊

In Sainsbury’s the other day, as we came away from the chilled section, I noticed that the overhead heaters were blowing warm air but then again it was quite early in the morning.

Quite surprised last night to hear the heavy rain coming down. Not sure what time it was but the cloud gradually built up in the early evening limiting my solar total for the day to just 51 pence. It looks like it going to be similar day today, muggy and hot but only hazy sunshine.

Bill 😊

It wasn’t too bad at all yesterday and I even slept fairly well throughout last night.

Just thinking back to Observers comments about how the road tar used to bubble. I remember that, but I think we’re not seeing that happen now, not because it was hotter back then but more likely by now, they’ve changed the tar formulation, so it doesn’t melt quite as easily. It’s the really hot air moving up from the continent that’s the problem at the moment but the sun’s not strong enough to melt tar due to cloud and haze.

sky.jpg

This was 8am this morning.

Bill :)

I stood outside last night at 11pm to try and cool down a bit and could feel the heat still radiating from the brickwork of the house. It’s a dormer style bungalow so upstairs was like a sauna and far too hot for sleeping despite all the windows being open.

Hopefully it’s a bit cooler tonight although I don’t think cool is quite the right word but at least we should be thankful the humidity is quite low otherwise we’d all be really struggling.

Bill 😊

Well, as he green hysterics build, we're now being warned of a giant thunderstorm over the UK, which will no doubt cool your brickwork Bill.   While the green fascists pursue this hysteria, they are encouraged by rich celebs, paying lip service to the coming disaster, while jetting around the world, like carrot top Harry, leaving huge carbon trails and warning the great unwashed of a world climate disaster. 😉

well currently at half past one this afternoon my rear bedroom is showing a temperature of 33.3C or or just shy of 92 farenheit for those who still use that scale.

window open, blinds closed and flapping in the hot breeze. fan on high and just blowing hot air about. (much like our politicians in fact) rear of the house is south facing so get sun from almost sun up to sundown.

Struggled driving last night as the temp in the car was 50 c and the steering wheel was almost too hot to touch.

might have another cool shower in a bit and one before i go to lie on the bed contemplating sleep....🔥

Nobody’s saying you can’t but clearly there’s a risk and it’s only right given the number of recent deaths, to warn young people about the danger.

Yesterday’s fires down south were bad, and I have to wonder how many were caused by sparks from disposable BBQ’s. I heard that in Australia they have laws that prohibit any outside source of fire during times of high fire risk. Given the number of wildfires we’ve seen here in recent years, maybe it’s time we thought of doing the same.

Bill 😊

The bad fire that got shown widely on TV was almost certainly caused by a pile of overheating compost but then again you could argue only eco warriors have compost heaps these days.

But if it came down to betting between eco fanatics and people being careless causing the fires, my money would be on stupid people or even kids just messing about. The vast majority of fires around our town are certainly due to kids, whether its in a secluded area of woodland or setting a bin on fire.

Before you bet any of your dosh, you might want to ask a fireman. 😊

Bill 😊

Got to keep the climate change train going obs. probably just as many fires when it is not so hot but does not make for a spectacular headline.

I do wonder about disposable barbecues though. How long after do you have to wait to ensure that they are out before you dispose of them? and are there instructions on them to tell you this?

After a few glasses of prosecco or a few tinnies of fosters safe disposal will be the last thing people think about.....🔥

Well I'm more confused than ever over this climate change hysteria - we've got celebs flying around the world paying lip service to green propoganda, while leaving carbon trails behind them.  Then you've got the Prols queuing up at ports and airports to get into Europe, all pumping out exhaust fumes while stuck in a line of traffic, while moaning about the price of petrol.  :rolleyes: