Wannabees lining up -

As Boris runs out of squirm room, with a Commons Privileges Cttee set to decide whether he lied to Parliament;  the PM wannabees are positioning for the job.  The first to seek the limelight is Liz Truss, who, as Foreign Secretary is talking tough on Ukraine, threatening the Russians with eviction from Crimea, as well as Donbass.  Has this air head any conception of what WW3 would look like ?   Such is the calibre of potential Boris replacements, with possibly one exception.   To think our lives rest in the hands of these superficial amateurs.   😠  💀

14 hours ago, Observer II said:

As Boris runs out of squirm room, with a Commons Privileges Cttee set to decide whether he lied to Parliament; 

I thought p[politicians didn't lie to parliament, they just utter terminological inexactitudes.......🤫

Meanwhile, with so much fundemental stuff on the books,  Parliament is swamped with trivia - the latest being a Tory MP accused of groping men. I would have thought, if these were really "men" they'd given the offender a good hiding, and that would be the end of it. But no,  the media is so obsessed in getting rid of BloJo, that the Westminster bubble and media just keep these things on the boil.  The occupants of the Kremlin must be laughing their heads off at (Great) Britain - total woke joke.   😠

The wannabees might not have long to wait now although Boris seems to be determined to hold on to his job. It’s likely the bottom pincher denials was the final straw but those that quit were probably ready to jump and just needed that extra push. Whether or not they were thinking it may pave the way for their chance to become leader, nobody knows.

Boris has always been a bit of a likeable bumbler with loads of positivity, but his ways make him an easy target for his opponents. I look at it this way, no person is perfect, and nobody can remember every detail of the past, especially while dealing with a multitude of national issues. If like me he’d forgotten to tax his car he’d no doubt be called every name under the sun including a liar and a cheat and this is what I detest about the political fraternity.

I’ve only once in my life attended a political social event and the amount of drunken criticism, backstabbing and name calling was so disgustingly bad that I made my excuses and left early.

I’m sure there’s some genuine people in politics but I get the feeling they’re few and far between.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

Very true Bill;  most are contemptible creatures, solely devoted to climbing the greasy pole to their own benefit.   The descent of recent UK politics into hysteria over what are relative trivia, is only motivated by his critics, trying to use any excuse to bring him down.   However,  my beef with Boris, is his failure to deliver on fundemental  issues, like Brexit; by securing our borders against an invasion of migrants, by securing the unity of the UK by scrapping the N/I protocol, by curing the infection of cultural marxism that's turning our society into a woke joke.  We have an opposition trying to play to every niche of the electorate with slogans but no plans,  wrapped up in this game of trivia designed to take scalps, not serve the majority aspirations of the people.     😠

Unless you never do anything at all everyone makes mistakes, In the current climate those mistakes are sought out and magnified by the media. They then attach stigma to anyone making the mistakes or those that do not criticise those that make mistakes and it is that stigma and the criticism that the politicians try to avoid; purely for self preservation. The Media's expectation are such that they could not survive them as the pack turns on their own. Today's problem is to a large extent caused by the media for the media. If you want to know who the next PM will be you had best ask the BBC and Sky - they will have the same answer. It will not be a Brexit supporter or one who wants to be tough on immigration, because those are not media agenda items.

Well, the balls firmly in the Tory court now - who replaces Boris will decide their fate at the next election imo.   If they want to secure their place in Government, they need to select a Brexiteer, someone who actually believes in Brexit and has the conviction and determination to make it happen, with an emphasis on delivery for the 17.5 million.  Scrap the N/I protocol and claim parity with the EU treatment of Russia, who have been allowed (until recently) to transport goods from Russia, through the EU to Kaliningrad.  Exit the ECHR, and make our HR law compatible with a process of deporting ALL illegal immigrants from the UK, and the introduction of a push back policy in the channel. Replace the House of Lords with a Senate of 100, elected in direct proportion to the % votes per party at a G/Election.  Root and Branch reform of our education system to eradicate woke brainwashing of our youngsters, and ensure evidence based learning based on our vocational needs. That'll do for a start.     😠

and so it begins.

Boris has resigned, who will take his place?

turn the tv to any channel to find out the list of contenders and the reasons they won't or will get picked.

If you're really interested that is.

me? i am just annoyed that all the programs have been usurped by the feeding frenzy to get the most up to date garbage on it all.

Still you never know we might get somebody who will get brexit done. (checks pigs for flight readiness)....🤦‍♀️

• Upvote 1

I think Boris should really have stood down much sooner. His continuing post has left his opponents with the chance to poke the Tories about partygate. If Boris had gone weeks ago it would have shown Labour up to have nothing but a bright red tickling stick & no viable alternative policies.

Well, the runners and riders are lining up for the Tory Leadership race, and a pretty poor field it is imo.   However, there are a few sincere Brexiteers appearing,  but some have an inflated opinion of their own capabities.  Just hope my intuition serves me well and the one I've backed comes through.    :unsure:

Well, the one I put a bet on based on pure intuition, looks like a bad choice for PM; as it's emerging that she is a Walter Mitty,  now leaning towards a Remoaner and Woke mind set. Can't say any of the others fills me with confidence for the future either.   What a desperate state our politics is now in.    :rolleyes:

The problem is imo, there's a total lack of conviction or belief in 99% of politicians,  they are only concerned with their careers, which makes them followers, not leaders.  The last conviction politician we had, love her or hate her, was Thatcher.  Such leaders have a vision to pursue in addressing the issues of the Nation.   :rolleyes:

Well, the Tory Party are on the verge of commiting electoral suicide, by electing another Teresa May, who won't get Brexit done and who won't solve our migrant crisis.  The only one of the candidates that could come near the aspirations of red wall Tories is Keme Baddenock imo. This leaves the majority of socially conservative electors outside the m25 with basically no one to vote for -   come back Nigel, your Country needs you.    😠

I think the Tory party will rue the day they got rid of Boris from the top job. Interesting how Starmer has come up with a soundbite to imply that a future Labour government would stimulate growth . He sounds like a Tory now he's forgotten about Partygate.

Starmer clearly hasn't got a clue,  Labour have no plans, other than to claim they aren't Tories, when in reality, they are, but with a woke agenda.   :rolleyes:  Although Boris was a cavalier fool, he was imo head and shoulders above the rest in terms of personality.  I think time will show that his demise was in fact a coup, engineered by Remoaners in and without Parliament, based on behaviour rather than policy.  😠