ID Database

Its the same as the EU, its all happening so slowly - inch by inch - that we don't notice how our lives have been taken over. When we joined the Common Market thats what we were told it was, but slowly the beast has been turned into the EU with all powers being devolved to unelected bureaucrats in Brussels and they are telling us that was what we voted for 30 odd years ago. With the surveillance state we are told that its being done for our protection but anyone with half a brain can see its hogwash. I'm afraid that its getting too late to do anything about it now :cry::cry::cry:

I didn't suggest that it did have anything to do with the EU, just that the methodology used to introduce the surveillance state was the same softly softly inch by inch approach that the kommissars in Brussels have used to take over the govenance of our country :roll::roll:

That is true.

The real problem is of course that Government in all of its forms has become far more distant from those whom it governs. It seems to me that Government uses events that happen, as a way of introducing yet more rules and regulations, and in so doing, in effect persecutes the vast majority of law abiding and peaceful people who want to be left alone to live their lives without ever increasing state interference. The state should devote more of its time to ruthlessly prosecuting and severely punishing those who cause or who seek to cause mayhem in our society. Clearly they don't, otherwise we wouldn't have the absurd situation of a convicted Afghan hijacker working for British Airways!

As I've said before, ID cards if introduced will prove to be a total waste of money and a security and IT nightmare. Our country cannot spend money....it does not have....on such an "adventure".

All true but YOU decided to have a mobile its not the law. Too much is read into these things at times and the people who fear I.D Cards the most are probably the scrotes who lie to the Police when they are pulled in. What I find amusing is that the same people who complain about The Human rights act favouring criminals also object to I.D Cards on the grounds of it infringing their Human rights?

Nonsense!

The scrotes arnt worried about ID cards, nor are terrorists this is exactly the spin the government promote to ensure they get their controversial control mechanism in place.

Do you think when they go out burgaling or carrying out terrorists attacks they are going to worry that they have their ID cards on them? if indeed the terrorist who maywell carry out an attack on UK soil even have a UK citizen ID card...or is it more likely they come from a middle east country, or are dual nationality and dont need to have one.

No the people most likely to pay for ! and ensure they carry an ID card is honest british subjects.

Those who in fact are the only people who need fear an intrusion on privacy are those having their privacy invaded while performing their legitimate legal activities.

It is only in legal activities there can be anything defined as an invasion of privacy. Those engaging in illegal activity are the ones who's activities are not entiltled to be classed as private as they probably are an act of intrusion upon someone else!.

how skewed your vision.

I agree with Legion.

I believed that we had nothing to fear over ID cards, but if the criminals and illegal immigrants don't have them, what is the point of the exercise that is going to cost a lot of money?

The whole thing is unworkable.

WHY would a criminal volunteer to have an ID card at great expense when he can operate without one.

Even the Register of Electors doesn't work, because a large percentage of the population don't register.

I would imagine the census is the same. :x

• 4 weeks later...

Sources from inside the 2008 Bilderberg meeting have leaked the details of what elitists were discussing in Chantilly Virginia last week and the talking points were ominous - a plan to microchip Americans under the pretext of fighting terrorist groups which will be identified as blonde haired, blue eyed westerners.

Ominously, Tucker's source also told him that Bilderberg were discussing the microchipping of humans on a mass scale, which would be introduced under the pretext of fighting terrorism whereby the "good guys" would be allowed to travel freely from airports so long as their microchip could be scanned and the information stored in a database.

Tucker said the idea was also sold on the basis that it would help hospital staff treat a patient in an emergency situation because a scan of the chip would provide instantaneous access to health details.

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/june2008/061008_secret_agenda.htm

I hate to tell you this folks but places like pizza parlors that you call into have this already - your name, address and phone number so, they could get all sorts from this information!

Asp I blame Mary for putting the pizza conspiracy in my head hence the words that I spat out. The truth is out there in a Dominos near you!! :)

Hahahaha - all I said is that its already happening - for those that do not believe it can happen. Also Britain has more road cameras than any other nation. We are becoming a Nanny state world, eventually totally control by a select few unless we wake up!

But the good news is that there are plenty of us who buck the system and refuse to conform completely - so there is always hope!