Spring Jab ?

Observer II

• 2 months later...

not seen anything or heard anything from my doctors or on the nhs app, despite rising numbers in warrington.

might check the surgery website see if there is anything on that.

***well my doctors website seems to have disappeared. checked the wifes out and found some info after being directed to the nhs site.***

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

according to the booster doses and spring booster bit

If you've had a booster on or after 21 March 2022, please do not book another dose unless you have a weakened immune system and have been advised to book.

The NHS will contact you when you need your next booster dose.

***added later***

Edited by Evil Sid
added link and extra information.

The article that I linked to earlier still applies. The Spring Booster was and is for the over 75's and immune compromised. Those over 65 and under 75 will get a further Booster in the Autumn, the program is being set up to start sometime in September and Pharmacies are currently sorting out who will give the next Booster from September.  I believe it is expected that for over 65 and under 75 it will be 12 months after the last booster dose was given. My guess is that it will be an MRNA vaccine targeting the Omega variants but there is no public statement.

If you are over 75 the web address in the earlier post i.e. Book or manage a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination - NHS (www.nhs.uk) still works and I have booked a jab for a friend over 75 without internet access using it. You tend to get a better choice of locations and waiting times that way than phoning 119. Hope that helps.