Wow!, I have had a notification by a No.1 by the side of a little bell (Notifications) at the top of the forum page

algy

Wow!, I have had a notification by a No.1 by the side of a little bell (Notifications) at the top of the forum page and when I clicked on it the message stated that I was to be congratulated on achieving and awarded a badge forΒ  "One years membership since joining the forum" strange as I actually joined in May 2010" now I know I don't visit as often as I should do mainly due to the fact that another member (no names no pack drill) and myself constantly bickered with each other and it got to the point where I was no longer enjoying my participation in topics on here so decided to take a long sabbatical but one year since joining, come on now!.Β 

Anyway I hope everyone is keeping well in these stressful and difficult times, Algy.

PS, on submitting this post I see I have now got a conversation starters badge, is there no end my newfound talents πŸ…πŸ…πŸ†

• algy changed the title to Wow!, I have had a notification by a No.1 by the side of a little bell (Notifications) at the top of the forum page

I had the badge of troublemaker for years but seems now I’m just classed as a plain old regular. 😊

Fortunately, everyone on here these days seems fine and there’s no arguments or being rude to each other and that’s exactly as it should be. There’s nothing worse than arguing the toss with someone then having it play on your mind causing you to lose sleep. Β Β 

Anyway, good to see you back Algy and hope you’re keeping well.

Looks like you may have a bit of catching up to do.

Β 

Bill 😊

• Haha 1

Hi!, LL. Sid and Bill, great to hear from you all and the welcome, I shall endeavour to comunicate/contribute, you lads were never a problem and I can only say the same for Obs and Co, anyway that is water under the bridge so to speak, does Dizz and Baz still appear, I do remember Cleo seemed to drift off after the loss of her husband and was never heard from again. I had a coronary twelve months las Christmas but after having three stents fitted I am fit (well sort of) and healthy and had a dose of the Delta strain of Covid which I was lucky with as it was little more than a light cold and had gone after a few days, I hope you are all keeping well, Algy.

• Upvote 1

Had my stents fitted about ten years or more back, 12 months later i was pronounced fit for work, just no heavy lifting.

funny really as both my younger brothers had to have heart bypass surgery about 12 months or so ago. The older of the two had single bypass and is still struggling as his ribs have not knitted together properly. The youngest had a double bypass and is now back at work driving higv's. odd that they both happened within a few weeks of each other.

as far as i am aware i have not had any of the covid strains, mind you i never go out the house these days apart from bowling which starts in May and ends in September.

My car is one of the most economical on the planet when it comes to petrol consumption, last time i filled up it was about 50p a gallon well close to that anyway.( i probably lose more through evaporation than i do driving.)

The longest trip it goes on is into Liverpool for a service and mot.

Hope your fitness improves and as the doc says "keep taking the tablets"

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 7:40 AM, algy said:

Wow!, I have had a notification by a No.1 by the side of a little bell (Notifications) at the top of the forum page and when I clicked on it the message stated that I was to be congratulated on achieving and awarded a badge forΒ  "One years membership since joining the forum" strange as I actually joined in May 2010" now I know I don't visit as often as I should do mainly due to the fact that another member (no names no pack drill) and myself constantly bickered with each other and it got to the point where I was no longer enjoying my participation in topics on here so decided to take a long sabbatical but one year since joining, come on now!.Β 

Anyway I hope everyone is keeping well in these stressful and difficult times, Algy.

PS, on submitting this post I see I have now got a conversation starters badge, is there no end my newfound talents πŸ…πŸ…πŸ†

I suspect an upgrade has added new features which made us all beginners again in certain areas. Good to see you back!