Roman Theatre - Stockton Heath

Dizzy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately 'Indy' is wrong on every count.

I still read this Web Site but seldom have time to post as I'M FILMING THE THIRD SERIES OF LOST TREASURES FOR ITV GRANADA AS WE SPEAK until June ! I believe that was the reason I gave elsewhere on this forum for not posting anything from September when we began pre-production.

Having pulled the highest viewing figures of any program shown nationally that night (Season 2 / Pendle episode / 29% = 600 000+ viewers), and becoming the only series in Granada's 50 year history to be voted the best program on TV by ALL TWELVE public reviewers, how could they NOT give us Series 3 ? :D

To actually answer the orignal question: The theatre was found in the 1880's along with a circular well structure (that was moved to the Town Hall gardens as a flower bed feature) and later observed while houses were built between 1910 and 1930 in the area as already stated.

A massive review of archaeological material generated over the last 200+ years has enabled the Lost Treasures team to reconstruct what may now be called 'the largest Romano-British manufacturing centre in the northern Roman provinces' - and the resulting CGI is breathtaking and includes a representative theatre. Even more exciting is the revelation that this town was almost exclusively populated by British and Continental Celtc peoples 'doing the Roman thing'. Hardly a Roman in sight. Fantastic.

As to the rest of Season 3, I'm sworn to silence - but we here at Lost Treasures are confident it will blow your socks off ! Watch press for details :angelwings:

:wink:

Regarding physical Lost Treasures, phase two of my research is producing many of them at the moment including a hoard of Republican Silver coinage and in the last few days an amazing Viking artefact from the riverbank in Lymm/Warburton....

You will be able to see all of these in the summer on BBC1 in a special follow up feature on my progress in the area.

Congratulations on Series three by the way .... keep up the good work. :angelwings:

[ 22.03.2008, 21:56: Message edited by: indiana James ]

Hiya MiB

Great news that your 3rd series of Lost Treasures is on it's way and even better news that it covers Stockton Heath :D

I do feel a bit stupid now though as I thought the theatre was found last year when from what you say it was found the 1880's.

Gosh us locals are a bit slow round here eh, or is it that it takes longer than people think for findings to be shared in the local domain :D:wink: Only kidding :wink:

Looking forward to watching and please remind us nearer the time so we don't miss what sounds like a fascinating programme.

Not sure that I agree with our Roman Theatre/Roman Well becoming a Town Hall Flower Bed though :o

:)

I have no issues or problems in working with Mark at some time in the future. Mark is excellent as he writes the content for his series and believe me that takes some doing...

:angel:

I'm currently writing for a new documentary project for release by a national archaeology company as part of a major advertising campaign at the end of the year so it takes time and commitment to complete these things.

Originally posted by tonymailman:

If you have an issue with me then send it through a pm ..... ok ?

Seems like it's you who has the issue with me TMM and not the other way round so perhaps you'd like to PM me instead :roll:

You said

James - you obviously still haven't 'twigged' who dismayed is then ?
....making out that you knew who I was (which I doubt you do) and that Indie should have cottoned on by now too as to who I am hence my simple replies.

SO WHY ARE YOU NOW BEING SO BLOODY STROPPY !!!!! :roll: :sleeping:

Originally posted by tonymailman:

Simple replies ...... you said it :wink:

My, my you are excitable ......... and obviously your curiosity is getting the better of you :wink:

How's that classed as being excitable :P

So 10/10 to you for blame shifting and avoiding a question TMM :P

As for the rest

'Simple replies' 3/10

'Excitable' 3/10

'Curiosity' 8/10

And as for you actually knowing who I am (which started all this) 0/10 so far it would seem :P

Sorry TMM have I offended you :(

Sorry Indie have I offended you :(

Sorry MiB have I offended you :(

Please come back, it was only meant as a bit of friendly banter and now you've all gone. I'm a nice person really :brokenheart: