Channel 4 Super League

Latchford Locks

Really surprised at this development But it seems great news Hopefully it will be approached in a professional way for national broadcast, and we won’t have to be subjected to the tailored ‘flat cap and ferret’ stereotyping we have seen in the past terrestrial formats. Although to be fair the BBC has been pretty good the last few years. In fact it is a better coverage than sky in my opinion. Sky have been downgrading rugby from what it was a few years ago removing staple diet shows like Boots'n'All . So fingers crossed we get a great standard from C4.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/super-league-strikes-historic-two-year-tv-deal-with-channel-4/ar-AAR4Mb8?ocid=uxbndlbing

• Upvote 1

will be interesting to see how many get rid of sky sports in the future.

i only have it for the rugby and if channel 4 franchise decide to  go for coverage of all the matches then i for one will be getting shut.

probably will when i renew my virgin media package unless they make me an offer i can't refuse.....:wacko:

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Evil Sid said:

will be interesting to see how many get rid of sky sports in the future.

i only have it for the rugby and if channel 4 franchise decide to  go for coverage of all the matches then i for one will be getting shut.

probably will when i renew my virgin media package unless they make me an offer i can't refuse.....:wacko:

They are only doing 10 games a season for now.

What counts is if in 2024 when the next sky deal is due whether they want to increase the coverage due to good viewing figures and advertising revenue which at the end of the day is up to us to support this venture now in it's early days

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

Well the coverage seemed pretty decent considering.

Pity the Warrington  performance wasn't

One man up for most of the match and they just about scraped a win.

Daryl Powells face was a picture at times........🤦‍♀️

https://www.totalrl.com/channel-4-happy-to-join-rugby-league-family/

I was really impressed with this first show, long may C4 do SL coverage .👍