Council investments

Gary

5 hours ago, Gary said:

Announcement likely to be any time soon!

Seen it. Heads need to roll now. 

Questions also need to be asked about what Steven Broomhead did or didn't know when he was interviewed before Christmas. Tony Higgins should step down too, if just for his rant about how safe this was and his name calling of people raising questions.   

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2022 at 6:53 AM, grey_man said:

https://news.sky.com/story/warrington-council-backed-together-energy-lines-up-administrators-12513276

I guess we now find out how much the council has exposed the town's backside and how much of Mr Broomhead's recent statement was factual. What a bloody mess. 

Update: Given that this news story hasn't been repeated on either of the local news sites, regardless of whether it turns out to be fully correct, I have to wonder if journalists agree in advance with the council to wait for a full announcement before reporting. That may be a reasonable assumption given Gary's tease, above. I guess that's fair enough but I really hope the council won't try to spin this and - at least once - be honest with people. 

No conspiracy theory - I just wasn't aware of the above (I missed the post as well) and knew it as going bump for some time - but was awaiting the official statement from OFgem while all other avenues were being explored behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

I think this is interesting. It's from a source that is both informed and sympathetic towards councils, but this is damning not just about this one investment but the culture and governance of the council. https://www.lgcplus.com/finance/concern-mounts-over-warringtons-risk-exposure-and-governance-18-01-2022/

Things need to change. And in a big way. If Russ Bowden is found guilty of electoral malpractice, it will just add fuel to the fire, especially because there were similar accusations involving some of the same people at the general election.