Mask or no mask?

Bill

I bet you don’t go to your new telly to change channels, or maybe you do 😊

You sound just like my brother Obs. I gave him a new mobile phone 12 months ago and he never ever used it saying it’d be too complicated. Last week in the pub he asked me to ring the local taxi company for him, so I gave him my device and told him to try and work it out. He managed it then said “Is that all there is to it? I thought it was going to be complicated.” Green phone button to make a call, dial the number and the red one to finish it. And just like the TV remote, as long as you know the basics you can forget about all the other things it can do.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

I’ll admit I didn’t want or have one for quite a long time but working away for much of the time it soon became a necessity. I suppose if you hardly ever leave the house then you’d be excused for thinking there’s no point, but then you end up falling behind the rest of society who these days use mobile technology as their primary means of communication.

I foresee a future where at some point there’ll be no mobile phone as such and instead, we’ll all wear something like a Star trek communicator or have a chip implanted into us that speaks directly to the all-knowing Alexa. 😊

Bill 😊

Several people i know have watches that do everything the top mobile phones & even computers can do.

However, even for a technophobe like me booking a booster is so easy online . You can even get the time or place you want the jab to be done & order proof of double jab letters to take on your next overseas trip.

I was able to book online on the 183rd day after my second jab having not yet received a letter from the NHS. The booking engine had declined on the 182nd day. My GP doesn't think it worth texting me. Hope that helps. A friend received a text from our common GP surgery, also on the morning of his 183rd day since his second jab . So there is a pattern to it.

• Upvote 1

Just tried 119, but the automated system didn't allow me to get through to appointments.  The person I did speak to suggested the phone access system may be overwhelmed, so I will try again.   According to a news report,  there is a failure in meeting their targets and they are behind by 6 million appointments.   :rolleyes:    😷

45 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Just tried 119, but the automated system didn't allow me to get through to appointments.  The person I did speak to suggested the phone access system may be overwhelmed, so I will try again.   According to a news report,  there is a failure in meeting their targets and they are behind by 6 million appointments.   :rolleyes:    😷

Did you have your second dose on or before the 4th May this year? If so have you tried online at the url below following the book button  (with your 10 digit NHS number shown on prescriptions and your date of birth to hand)?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/book-or-manage-a-booster-dose-of-the-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine/

You can choose a convenient location and if the availability is not what you would like use the go back link as many time as you need to choose another site. There is at least one site on the list currently offering jabs within 48hours if you can get there by car (for me it is only ten minutes in the car).

On 11/3/2021 at 12:57 PM, Observer II said:

Well I've found a drop in centre (same one I got the original jabs ) , so I'll try there asap.   😷

Beware ! 

A friend of mine went recently to the St Thomas's drop in jab centre in Stockton Heath on a Saturday morning.

He queued for one and a half hours !!!!

Seems they underestimated demand and so staffing levels were not geared up for that many turning up.

Looks to me like total chaos Latch;  at least there was a semblence of organisation with the first round of jabs, but I've tried the walk in option, but there was no one there. Tried 119 and was cut off.  It's no wonder there's a back log, but Gov are trying to say people are reticent about having the jab - nonsense.    😠

48 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Looks to me like total chaos Latch;  at least there was a semblence of organisation with the first round of jabs, but I've tried the walk in option, but there was no one there. Tried 119 and was cut off.  It's no wonder there's a back log, but Gov are trying to say people are reticent about having the jab - nonsense.    😠

Sound like buck passing to me pass the buck cartoon

I think it's a problem now throughout Gov; we imagine that "the Gov" is there to Govern, and provide the policies from the top down throughout the Civil service and other State players, and those "players" will carry out orders.  But more and more we're finding a situation of non-compliance with orders, either through incompetance or positive resistance. EG> The UKBF are refusing to carry out instructions to turn back migrant boats in the Channel.  So start with the top man, if he doesn't comply - sack him, and so on all the way down the chain of command.  I'm sure they'll be a queue to replace them. 😠

It’s like some of us live on different planets. The wife and I have had no issues with the services provided by the NHS in fact they’ve been first rate. We’re both with the Padgate Medical Centre so maybe they simply do a better job than Observer’s lot. Without access to automated text and online services, we might have been in the same boat and maybe then we’d be blaming the government as well.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1